Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Overriding VM order confirmation and invoice with an extension

Started by dancingkazzaf, June 24, 2015, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancingkazzaf

Hi,
I am using VM 3.0.9 on Joomla 3.4.1
I am using the extension Invoice Manager which looks great and works fine, except that when the customer first places an order it defaults to the default Virtuemart order with random order number, then if I click on My Account (You need to be logged in to see this) it goes through to Invoice Manager which is what I want, but it will be very confusing for the customer their order has a different order number.
I have tried to override the default VM order confirmation settings by creating a no invoice order status and applying it as the default setting. However, it is not working. I can see from the screenshot attached here that it looks like I need to override some php file somewhere. (There is no text in brackets like on the other statuses) Can anyone tell me where this is or what I am doing wrong?
Thank you.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dancingkazzaf

Yes, it was him who told me to try the no invoice order confirmation status.
Do you think this will work? I can go back to him, but I wondered if it was a simple VM fix.
I'm not sure I have set it up right anyway. I filled in all the fields available to me but the default order statuses have that extra text which mine doesn't.

I forgot to put a link to the site in development:

http://www.buildersmerchantonline.com/beta/

jenkinhill

Do you think this will work?

No idea, I have never used an invoice manager extension.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dancingkazzaf

Ok, thanks.
Do you know how to activate the no invoice order status I created?