News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Changing product layout on shopfront

Started by bigchuk00, February 26, 2015, 18:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchuk00

Hello. I am using joomla v3.5 and i have an issue on my storefront. I would like to show the product name, pic and price ONLY but it shows some extras like the checkout button and short description . I would like to know how i can remove this please. Thank you.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bigchuk00

Sorry for mega late reply. Haven't been online for awhile. Yes, i'm using virtuemart. Is there any alternative to virtuemart for joomla 3.5? or any good ecommerce alternative in general?

jenkinhill

I'm concerned that you are using J3.5, as development of that Joomla version has not really started yet, and release of 3.5 will be about a year away. Latest Joomla release is J3.4

To change the layout in the category view or any other VM page is easily accomplished. If there is no config switch for what you want then it is a simple case of setting up some template overrides. This is a normal procedure to change the layout of any Joomla component.  See http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum