News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Email from Product Status panel does nothing

Started by thewitt, February 26, 2015, 05:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewitt

On the Product Status panel, there is a place where you can send email to anyone who purchased the product based on their checkout status.

That doesn't seem to be doing anything on my site.

I have no issue with any other emails going out, so I'm not sure where to look to fix this one.

Suggestions?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

thewitt

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 26, 2015, 10:52:45 AM
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127921

Thank you for the link back to that thread (don't know why search did not turn that up), but it sure doesn't look like that's the intent.

The comment in the top of product_edit_customers.php says:

"Handle the waitinglist, and the send an email to shoppers who bought this product"

Maybe it doesn't work, but it appears there are two modes for this in the code.

One when the email_type is "notify" - the wait list - and the other when the email_type is "customer" - those who bought this product.

In the first case, you get to select the Notify Template, in the second only the message subject, text and order status.

When you ask it to send the email it says it's sent - but of course nothing happens.

My Javascript is not very good, but I guess I'll dig through this and see if I can get it working.  It looks like the shell is all there, just no email is sent.

Did this get abandoned?  Never completed?  Broke and no one fixed it?

thewitt

It get's a little more interesting.

If you set the configuration variable to Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button when out of stock, AND someone is waiting for a product notification, you are presented with the option to simply send a message to customers who purchased, or send a notification using the template or not.

The first option doesn't work... but it appears that it's supposed to.

I'll have to dig through this some more.

thewitt

Though I won't post anything else here until I get this feature working, I've commented out just a couple of conditional statements in the file and here are the screens and the options that are presented.

Clearly this was intended to provide both functions - send email to the people waiting for notification or send email to the customers who purchased the product.

I suppose the feature to send email to customers was abandoned at some point. I'll see if I can get it working again.