News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bug with Paymenth method value when using Paypal Express and cancelling it

Started by Mole_LR, April 14, 2015, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mole_LR

Hi!

Joomla 3.3.6
VM: 3.0.6.2.
VM setting to use Checkout with steps.
There are 2 payment methods used: Paypal Express (as unpublished, just accessable with button/image as shortcut)) and Stripe plugin (for credit cards, which is published as the only one).
There are 2 options to checkout: using Express checkout (then select shippment, review order and confirm) and "full" checkout: BillTo, ShipTo addresses, Shippment, Payment details (credit card), review order and confirm.

User/shopper interaction:
1.)Add product to cart;
2.)Use Paypal Express checkout;
3.)In Paypal screen press Cancel (before or after loggin in Paypal);
4.)After Cancelling shopper returns to Cart.

Problem - Paypal Express is cancelled (GET Query String Parameters: option:com_virtuemart; view:cart; expresscheckout:cancel; Itemid:0; lang: ; token:), BUT in Cart Payment method ($this->cart->cartData['paymentName']) is set to "Paypal Express" (should be "No payment selected"!

Thank You!

EDITED:
Additional info: after returning to Cart and using Checkout button (not Paypal express), or choosing edit Payment method - it still redirects to Paypal, so - not possible to use any other checkout except Paypal. Not good if shopper wants to cancel Paypal Express checkout and make changes to cart - update product amount, use any other payment method etc...

Very mandatory problem!!! ;-(

Mole_LR

Hi!

Can anybody help me or give me a hint for fix/workaround? Any advice would be very appreciated!! ;-)

I tried to "release" payment method:
$this->cart->cartData['paymentName'] = 'No payment selected';
when expresscheckout is 'done' or 'cancel':
$checks = vRequest::getVar("expresscheckout");

it "removes" Paypal as payment, but still when try to Checkout now (when it should process - shopper data, shippment info) - again redirects to Paypal page...

the only simple thing so far as workaround I imagine - replace $this->checkout_link_html to button/link that links to shopper address view (so, at least after Paypal cancelling to get to the next step), then from there link to shippment view, then to Payment view (but here is again the problem - when trying to access Payment view, it redirects to Paypal. Need to press cancel and after then use direct link index.php?view=cart&task=editpayment&option=com_virtuemart). Then it works... But this is not very good way to work:-(

TNX!