Can I have a product status "published" but not available for sale/add to cart?

Started by Mike Klimczak, February 24, 2015, 00:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Klimczak

My client has a catalogue of information available to their clients in the form of PDFs. With Virtuemart we sell these PDFs as downloadable items.

Some of the information the have to share with their clients does not have an associated PDF to sell with it, but they still want to be able to display the product data they have in their store but not have an "add to cart" button. At a later time a PDF may become available to apply to the product and it should then become a purchasable product.

In short, is there a way to have a product published but not purchasable?

thewitt

I do that today for a category, using template overrides. You need to set up the override by editing the template to remove the add to cart button, then assign the category temp,ate override in VM

Milbo

Just use inventory feature.

Set vm so, that it does not selll if the stock is emptyl, done. No overriding,
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

thewitt

Quote from: Milbo on February 24, 2015, 09:27:08 AM

Which of these choices would you recommend?

• Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action
  • Do not Display Product
  • Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock
  • Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button
  • Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed

I did not want a "Notify Me" button displayed. In my case the product is simply a display page for a product that has to be ordered somewhere else, and not something that will ever be in stock.

zuotoski

Quote from: thewitt on February 24, 2015, 14:22:46 PM
Quote from: Milbo on February 24, 2015, 09:27:08 AM

Which of these choices would you recommend?

• Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action
  • Do not Display Product
  • Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock
  • Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button
  • Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed

I did not want a "Notify Me" button displayed. In my case the product is simply a display page for a product that has to be ordered somewhere else, and not something that will ever be in stock.

@Milbo... I would like to know which option to choose, too. Could you help us, please?

AH

I think you could use the "display the notify me" option

Then create a sublayout template override to remove the " notify button "

components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/addtocartbar.php

$stockhandle = VmConfig::get ('stockhandle', 'none');
if (($stockhandle == 'disableit' or $stockhandle == 'disableadd') and ($product->product_in_stock - $product->product_ordered) < 1) { ?>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&layout=notify&virtuemart_product_id=' $product->virtuemart_product_id); ?>" class="notify"><?php echo vmText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NOTIFY'?></a><?php
} else {

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0