News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category links not working properly

Started by YZF, February 23, 2015, 21:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZF

Hello,

I am having some issues with our category links. Everything was working fine before our developer updated the site to Joomla to 3.3, updated our "Reviver - Responsive Multipurpose VirtueMart Theme", updated our Virtuemart to 3.0.2, and moved everything to a new server. Now, the category links in the left side bar are not working properly. Our developer suggested I contact the theme designer, and the theme designer sent me a link to this forum.

The problem is some of our links look like this: "ourdomain.com/en/category" and work fine. Other links look like this: "ourdomain.com/en/component/virtuemart/?Itemid=123", and don't work properly. I tried creating a new category as a test, and the new category also looked like this: "ourdomain.com/en/component/virtuemart/?Itemid=123". I am not sure where the problem is or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

AH

Quoteour developer

It would be better to go back to them for help - they surely tested this before putting live.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

YZF

Our developer suggested I contact the theme designer, and the theme designer sent me a link to this forum.

AH

Quoteour developer updated the site to Joomla to 3.3, updated our "Reviver - Responsive Multipurpose VirtueMart Theme", updated our Virtuemart to 3.0.2, and moved everything to a new server.

Your developer did all this updating so should have tested this in a test environment and ironed out any issues

Asking here for support when a myriad of things that could be an issue outside of VM, will not result in a great response

But that aside, you should tell your "developer" to update the latest version of VM 3.0.6.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

YZF

It's fixed now. I was able to get in touch with the web developer and he told me to open up my menu in Joomla, and look for text that says " —   Component 'com_virtuemart' does not exist " under the title. All I have to do next is open that menu link up, save and close, problem solved. Thanks to everyone that read my post and tried to help.

AH

I am pleased that your developer finally helped you and your problem is solved
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0