News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

wrong sef path for the categories pages

Started by motybz, February 23, 2015, 12:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motybz

i use joomla 3 and virtuemart 3.
i have two menu items for the same category The difference is that each menu item has a different layout of the sub-categories.
for example menu item A and menu item B
when i get inside  A and then to subcategory the address looks like :../A/subcategory
and this is fine. but when i get inside B and then to subcategory the address looks like :../A/subcategory.
this error also happened in the breadcrumb.
when i turn off the "joomla sef" the problem solved.
how can i fix it?

jjk

Don't know if this helps, but what happens if you 'associate' the second menu item to the first one in the menu settings?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Menace

I have similar problem. VM 3.0.6 - J! 3.4

In my case it is for products in 2 categories  (A and B) if I am browsing in A it shows product SEF URL .../A/productname.
When I switch to category B product still points to .../A/productname.

This messes up the breadcrumbs function, back to category button and of course highlighted navigation links.

Curiously if then I refresh page or go to category B again through navigation menu URL changes to .../B/productname correctly.
But then it's the other way round. Going back to category A it points to .../B/productname and so on.

This happens on my sites in development as well as on clean new VM setups with standard sampledata.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Menace

Quote from: Hutson on February 25, 2015, 13:36:41 PM
Yes this has been happening for ages!  :'(
Any suggestions for workaround? How is it done on livesites that use multiple categories for same products? This even happens for products in parent and subcategories which should be a major problem on nearly any shop as at the same time it is not possible to show products from subcategories also in parent category without assigning it to both categories by default.

AH

I have no workaround for this - unfortunately it is a problem for me also - I await the devs to solve it
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

After some great work from the team, it looks as though this is now solved and will be available in in the next release.

If you cannot wait:
look here:-
you will need to edit the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository/revisions/8762/diff?utf8=%E2%9C%93&type=sbs
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Menace

I am building my next site and it is a while ago but this problem still persists in VM 3.0.10
Is there any news on that meanwhile?

AH

I just tested in the latest release and there is not a problem

Please explain what tests and behaviour you are seeing
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0