Cart "Ship To" address radio buttons don't update cart

Started by mronayne, February 21, 2015, 18:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

I think that is a js issue with your template, or maybe some 3rd party plugin which uses js.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Metabern1

I am having similar issues with the multiple shipping address function.

1- In VM backend I am able to view additional shipping addresses, when I add a new one it doesn't save. Likewise edits to existing addresses do not save

2 - In VM Cart Frontend, If I click "add/edit shipment address" it doesn't show me a blank shipment, only if I change Postal/Zip does it create a new shipping address with this warning:

"Table userinfos check failed: address_type ST without name, autogenerated Delivery Address 8"

There is no way for me to delete an incorrect or old shipping address

In account maintenance, I cannot see shipping address at all and cannot edit it there.

Any suggestions?

J3.9.4 -VM 3.4.2

Jörgen

Custom template issue ? Try with protostar.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Metabern1

In other forum threads they mention a shipto nickname. Would this be a VM Shopperfield I inadvertently deleted? If so, how could it be brought back?

jenkinhill

Best to unpublish fields rather than delete them and then find you have problems. You could re-enter the shopper field, but probably quicker would be to simply re-install the VirtueMart component.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Try to add:

Shopper field:
Type: Text Field
Field Name: addr_type_name
Field title: COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ADDRESS_LABEL

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Metabern1

Thanks for the feedback and help. On further checking I disabled the "Nickname" field instead of deleting it. Republished and everything is working great. I can create/edit/delete additional address in backend.

I cannot delete addresses in frontend cart and cannot do anything with additional address in VM account maintenance page. Is there a way to have add/edit delete address functions available in frontend in both the cart and the accounts maintenance page?

Thanks again, cheers!