News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart "Ship To" address radio buttons don't update cart

Started by mronayne, February 21, 2015, 18:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mronayne

Joomla 3.4.0 - This failure happens in both VM 3.0.4 and 3.0.6

In case where a shopper/user has more than one Ship To address - when you select a radio button it does not update the cart to alter the selection of Shipping methods that are available.

In my case a user might have both a valid US address and a Military APO/FPO/DPO address. I have specific shipping and rates to any Military address. In other cases a customer might have addresses in different countries and in this case you would want to select the shipping methods for those specific countries.

The problem is that when I enter the shopping cart the default address is displayed and the available shipping methods for that address are available. However, if I select another Ship To address for this order the Shipping methods for the old address show and the valid Shipping methods for the newly selected address do not show.

The only way I can get the proper Shipping methods to show for an alternate address is to select the hyperlink associated with the address and "edit" it by "Saving" it.

You can test this for yourselves here
Send me a PM and I'll send you the login credentials for a user with 3 addresses to choose from...

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mronayne

I am happy to know that this is a known issue.

Any ideas as to when it might be fixed and when a patch or work-around might be available?

Regards,
Mike

mronayne

I just downloaded and installed V 3.0.6.2 and it has fixed this problem.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

AH

This is actually a NEW feature

The devs are very good!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mronayne

Unfortunately, I just discovered another problem with handling alternate "ship to" addresses.

If you have "One Page Checkout enabled" handling of alternate addresses seems to work just fine.

If you uncheck "One Page Checkout enabled" and select any alternate address, then select  "change shipment" and when on the Select a Shipment Method page you click on "Save" when you are returned to the cart the ship to address has been reset to the default.

The same thing happens when you select and save a Payment method.

Obviously, this is a major issue.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mronayne

Thank you for such quick action... where can I see/get the fix?

Regards,
Mike

Adwans

Hello everyone,
is it possible having this issue:
QuoteIn case where a shopper/user has more than one Ship To address - when you select a radio button it does not update the cart to alter the selection of Shipping methods that are available.
In my Virtuemart 3.0.16?
Switching Radio buttons - between different Ship-to addresses - does not affect cart . Not triggering "Virtuemart.checkQuantity" javascript...
Any idea?

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Adwans

Quote from: Adwans on March 06, 2017, 11:05:20 AM
Hello everyone,
is it possible having this issue:
QuoteIn case where a shopper/user has more than one Ship To address - when you select a radio button it does not update the cart to alter the selection of Shipping methods that are available.
In my Virtuemart 3.0.18 stable?
Switching Radio buttons - between different Ship-to addresses - does not affect cart . Not triggering "Virtuemart.checkQuantity" javascript...
Any idea?
(except upgrade, which is done, no effect on the issue...)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Adwans

Respectfully, I would like to say, that above mentioned link doesn't cover my issue. Thank You for your input.
It seems to be so easy, but - radiobuttons in Address section don't work properly , still.
Ideas:

• addCheckRequiredJs() - missing? close to radio buttons html?
  • what about adding data-dynamic-update="1"? Could be helpful in the case?
  • How to do this, if yes? Because it is created in complicated way, a bit
  • Virtuemart.checkQuantity - is this function functioning?

AH

Unfortunately they work in my version that I am using and the previous few versions

So something is clearly wrong with your installation.

I have multiple shipping addresses for an account
I have shipping configured to be valid for only specific regions
When I change the shipping selection - the cart updates to show the selected address and the shipping options reflect the region for the new shipping address.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Adwans

You are right.. Sth screwed.

Interesting, that it is not a Template issue. To many jquery functions ? Don't know.

I solved this somehow, hacking VM core a bit (although don't like it!) , in file: views\cart\view.html.php (function renderCompleteAddressList ) :
changed:
$this->cart->lists['shipTo'] = JHtml::_('select.radiolist', $addressList, 'shipto', null, 'virtuemart_userinfo_id', 'address_type_name',  $_selectedAddress);
into:
$this->cart->lists['shipTo'] = JHtml::_('select.radiolist', $addressList, 'shipto','onchange="document.checkoutForm.submit();"', 'virtuemart_userinfo_id', 'address_type_name',  $_selectedAddress);