VirtueMart Category Module - minor ordering issue after 3.0.6 upgrade

Started by mronayne, February 21, 2015, 15:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Mentalhacker

Unfortunately, the ordering problem returned.

In VM 3.2.14, changing the category ordering in the config does not have any effect on the Virtuemart Category Module. This module always shows the category names in alphabetical order, no matter what is set in the config.

jenkinhill

I have 3.2.15 and the module display order of categories is as set in the Ordering column on the category list.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mentalhacker

Sorry, meanwhile I figured out that it was not a VM setting problem but a VMuikit default setting (category alphabet). The config works fine.

sandomatyas

In VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335 the code is:
VirtueMartModelCategory::rekurseCategories($vendorId, $category_id, $categories, $level, 0, 0,true, '', 'c.ordering, category_name', 'ASC', true);

Does it mean the ordering is fixed to c.ordering?

pinochico

QuoteDoes it mean the ordering is fixed to c.ordering?

Go to PHPMYADMIN and look self. I think yes
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products