News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping Address Required Field Missing

Started by kube33, February 20, 2015, 17:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kube33

This is driving me insane!

I'm using Joomla 3.3.6 and Virtuemart 3.0.4. I've overridden the template as I'm using Foundation 5 and it requires changes to the code to make it responsive. I have tested this by reverting the files I've changed back to the default Virtuemart ones, but still no luck!

www.graphicdesignersolihull.co.uk

I have no registration on the site I'm doing, I can fill out Billing Address no problems, but when it comes to Shipping Address, I hit save and it tells me that Required Field is Missing, despite all required fields being filled out and even the non required ones. I've check the userfields to make sure I'm not missing anything that may be 'required' but not showing. I've disabled recaptcha. What field is it referring to? I cannot see! I've tested this in different browsers but its all the same, so it must be something to do with the code.

Can anyone help me please? I'm going to go bald at this rate because I'm tearing my hair out! :o

kube33

Hello.......... hello......... (hello)........  :-\

AH

DO NOT BUMP!

If someone wants to help you, they will post a response

Might also be a good idea, for usability, to unpublish:

1. every country except the UK and set UK as the default option for the country field
2. Middle Name
3. State

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

kube33

I promise I won't bump anymore, I know how to stop the required fields, but it compromises the validation.

Thank you for your response, I will try those things!

AH

Just tried your site and shipping address worked fine for me.

Plus you are using a template that validates e-mail address -

This is not standard VM behaviour so you might need to talk to the template developers if there is another problem
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

kube33

Hi Hutson,

I've rejigged it since my initial post, I'm trying to incorporate Foundation Abide (as I use Foundation 5) instead because the VM validation just seems buggy. I just don't want incorrect fields to cause problems when it comes to sending to payment because in my experience its just a nightmare chasing payments that have failed. Thanks for looking though!