News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.0.2 replaces quantity update in cart to remove non-numeric

Started by rickkh, December 17, 2014, 03:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

You still mix the amount of a product with the quantity.

You can pay the amount of 50 € with a quantity of 50 1 euro coins.

If you want to sell 200 gramm, then sell 1 product with 200 gramm. You can also argue the other way, if you want to handle your amount within the quantity, try the game with 200.

use the customsize plugin. It does what you want. Due the customsize plugin I know very well that it is not enough too allow floats as quantity. The quantity is the "piece" or "unit", not the amount.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mariadegraas

Quote from: Milbo on February 20, 2015, 17:13:14 PM
You still mix the amount of a product with the quantity.

You can pay the amount of 50 € with a quantity of 50 1 euro coins.

If you want to sell 200 gramm, then sell 1 product with 200 gramm. You can also argue the other way, if you want to handle your amount within the quantity, try the game with 200.

use the customsize plugin. It does what you want. Due the customsize plugin I know very well that it is not enough too allow floats as quantity. The quantity is the "piece" or "unit", not the amount.

Thanks for the reply, Milbo.

However, decimal quantity is necessary if the shop sells unpackaged goods and lets customers order whatever quantity they want,
e.g. 0.2kg or 0.05kg if the product is stocked in kilograms.
And we can't change the unit from kg to gram as kilogram is the selling unit in all food stores, so switching to grams would not be customer-friendly option. If a shopper buys a piece of ginger at a live store, the invoice says 0.3kg, not 300grams.

I've checked out the customsize plugin, and it doesn't allow changing product quantity and the monetary amount does not seem to reflect the 0.1 quantity (e.g. 1m=$200, if purchased 0.1 row total is $200). Thus, unfortunately, the plugin would not help me.

The shop is migrated from Virtuemart v 1.1.x and I successfully enabled decimals in quantity there.

So, as I said before, I've already changed files to allow selecting decimal quantities and saving them in cart in VM 3.0.6, and now all that is needed is the ability to change the product quantity in cart to accept decimal values.

If anybody knows which files should be changed to allow decimal quantities in the cart, I'd appreciate the tip :)

Milbo

Quote from: mariadegraas on February 20, 2015, 18:40:19 PM
I've checked out the customsize plugin, and it doesn't allow changing product quantity and the monetary amount does not seem to reflect the 0.1 quantity (e.g. 1m=$200, if purchased 0.1 row total is $200). Thus, unfortunately, the plugin would not help me.

no, you missed just an option there. Of course the plugin can handle it, is exactly written for that case. It is also the reason I know that simply allowing a quantity of 0.1 wont work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member