News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED]: Pricing Help! Cart Variant Up-Charge Not Added to Sales Price

Started by alinajenon, February 17, 2015, 21:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alinajenon

My virtuemart products show the price we sell our product as next to a higher retail price shown in red with a slash line. Many of the products have an up-charge for larger sizes (ex: add $2 for 3xl, etc).

I just realized that when someone selects a larger size, it adds the up-charge to the red slashed price, but NOT to the price actually being charged. 

How do I need to change my settings to correct this?

Thank you so much for any assistance!

Here is a product link that has a $10 upcharge for larger items so you can see what I mean:
http://ordersafetyfr.com/catalog/fr-tops-shirts/011202-fr-lightweight-dress-uniform-shirt-detail

Attached is a screenshot of my backend setup.

alinajenon

Forgot to mention I'm using

Virtuemart: 2.6.10
Joomla: 2.5.27

jenkinhill

You are using a price override. So no matter what you add on with a custom then override price you have set will remain as the selling price.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alinajenon

Thank you for that insight, jenkihill. Much appreciated.

Do you know if it is possible to have a product display as the one in the above example, with the sales price next to the red slashed retail price ... but also have it add the upcharge cart variant price to the sales price if chosen?

jenkinhill

Don't use an override is the simple solution. Enter the price for the basic product as Final price, select Calculate the Cost price, Save and the pricing should work.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alinajenon

OK, yes, thank you, I understand override is not the way to go. My problem is I can't seem to get the 2 prices (sales price with slashed red retail price next to it) to show unless I use the override. I would really like to show both prices so the consumer can see how much they are saving.

In your experience, is this only possible with override? Or is it maybe more of a template issue? Thanks!

jenkinhill

Here is the base price showing with strikethrough, using VM sample data & default templates, no overrides, all price display options turned on. So maybe you do have a template problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

alinajenon

Jenkinhill... thank you again for your thoughts and time.

I found a thread with a code hack that seems to help with my website. I'm only just learning VirtueMart as a novice with code, so I'm not sure if it was just a template issue or something that is not inherent with the core of virtuemart.

But for anyone looking for the solution to this type of problem in the future, please check this thread:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115388.0

Or, for a quick understanding, read below:

Please open:
administrator/componensts/com_virtuemart/helpers/calculationh.php

find line similar to this: (around line 369)
$this->productPrices['salesPrice'] = $product_override_price

and change it to:
$this->productPrices['salesPrice'] = $product_override_price + $salesPrice - $costPrice*1.23;

Note: the 1.23 is whatever you want to charge for tax. I deleted it on mine because I'm not applying tax through the website.

Good luck!
:)

jenkinhill

That is a core hack which should not be used, it will get overwritten at the next update - and you are already behind the plot on VM versions.

You should look at your template overrides to apply any "fixes"..
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

alinajenon

Thanks for that insight... how would one go about using template overrides? Again, not a coder here... but am learning quickly. Maybe you have a tutorial, article, video you could point me to that could further clarify? Thank you!

jenkinhill

What's with wanting videos to show everything all the time? I reckon some kids these days can't tie shoelaces without following a video.

See the docs:  http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK