News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

extension or instructions for more ingredients pizzas, please

Started by AndreaV, February 17, 2015, 21:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreaV

Hello.
In old version joomla and old version of virtuemart, i have partial resolved with customs field (plugin - Vm custom stackable variants), but now in new version (virtuemart 3.0.4 and joomla 3.3.6) I have problems!
I'm creating a site for my friend's restaurant and pizzeria.

For example...
The menu is:
Pizza napoli (ingredient: tomatos) - 4 €
Pizza margherita (ingredient: tomatos, mozzarella) - 5 €
Pizza ham and mushrooms (ingredient: tomatos, ham, mushrooms) 6,50 €
Extras: olives, potatoes, etc. 1 €

A customer order more pizzas:
1) margherita;
2) margherita without mozzarella... In cart I want to read "pizza napoli", because it's a margherita without mozzarella (4 €, not 5 €).
3) margherita with two extras: ham and mushrooms... The price is 5+2 €... But in menu there is pizza ham and mushrooms (6,50 €) and in the cart i want read this.
4) ham and mushrooms without mushrooms. The customer can select if he wants a "pizza margherita + ham" (6 €) or "pizza ham and mushrooms without mushrooms" (6,50 €), because he wants more ham.

But there are 43 ingredients and 40-50 pizzas in menu... Write all combinations are very long for me and complicated to read by customers.

Exists an extension free or commercial with this function? Or how can I create these products?

Thanks a lot.

balai

Not sure if this is what you need but i suppose that can be done with custom fields.
Just create the main pizzas and use custom fields for adding more toppings.
To let the users select multiple options, you can use custom fields for all
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/customfields-for-all

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AndreaV

thanks a lot for your support.

I have tried to use the demo of product builder, but i see some problem for my use.

Computers and pizzas are similar... mozzarella vs motherboard, pomodoro vs cpu...

If I want to buy 2 computers, I select first case, first motherboard and second cpu. In the second pc, I select first case, second motherboard and first cpu.
In the cart, I view two first case, one first motherboard, one second motherboard, one first cpu, one second cpu.
But I don't know If the first cpu is mounted with the first or second motherboard!

The client is very angry if my friend wrong his pizzas!!!

Now I try "related categories" with ingredients, but I don't view all product, but only related products that i have selected. Is correct?

balai

This requires a cart hack wich can be developed. Please address it to the developers