News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Read more on list category

Started by ana maria, February 17, 2015, 13:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ana maria

Anyone knows how to put in the category description text, the show more, show less (read more). Using virtuemart 2.0
In the list of products by category, I wants to add the intro text of the category, to explain user what they find in these categoty, but minimum I need to put in the description 3.000 or 4.000 words, including images to explain to user.
But if i put all this text, the users needs to do multiple scrolls to see the products list, at the end of the page.
I wants to put a read more, that dop drown the text. In the same page, not changing the page.

Someone knows how we can do that?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

but in any case your going to need 1st to check that content plugins work in cat desc (I have no idea) then see if a simple Joomla readmore tag fires it..
If not you would have to find out why it doesn't
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

lindapowers

Read more button is disabled and if you try to add <hr id="system-readmore" /> it just shows a line.

I'm wondering too how you can add text without forcing the user to scroll down the page.

I see some users added the description below the products in the category view, others used modules on the side.

I guess is one of the dilemas between keeping it simple for users and adding the required content for SEO.