News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Categories (backend) not showing properly

Started by dsidir, February 12, 2015, 08:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsidir

Using Joomla 3.3.6 and Virtuemart 3.04 and also JCE 2.4.7.
I have a quite srange problem, that I didnt managed t solve even if I tried some things.
More specifically, after I have updated joola, virtuemart, and JCE several times in the past I noticed few days ago a problem at virtuemart-product categories. Maybe this problem was from a previous version, but just now I needed to make a change to a product category and noticed the problem. I use 2 languages for my site english and Greek, but the problem seems to be with the Greek language.
Even when you go to a product or a product category (in the properties) in the backend or in the front end you can see everything working perfect, and Greel letters as well. However when you go to the central panel product category in the backend where you can see all the product categories, when I go to change a product category and there is a description with Greek letters they are transformed after saving at "strange" characters as you can see in the images I attach. See the image before and image after. The most strange thing is that when you go inside the product category properties you can see the characters displaying properly-correct without strange characters. Only in the central product category menu they are showing wrong.
What I noticed from trying various things is that when changing the editor from JCE to Tine or something else the problem seems to correct partly. You can see Greek but again you have some special characters showing around.

Please provide any ideas....thanx in advance

dsidir

Something more to say.... The problem begins only of you now change or go to "Save as" an article. The articles that are not changed are shown properly - correct. Only thw new changes in articles have a problem. This means to me that a new installation or update such as JCE  made the problem. However I am open to new ideas or solutions to this problem.

thanx

dsidir

Also checked the database for any change on the collation, or something else, but everything seems correct. All the tables have the same collation.

Any ideas will help very much......

Milbo

As long anything works in FE, dont wonder about. The reason is that we store language fields directly encoded.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

dsidir

I still dont undrestand what caused this problem. Furthermore, whenever I try to change a product description , even if it shows ok, when I change it and save it , then I have the same problem, only in the back end and only in the product category description menu where you can see all the product categories. Something changed with the updates and caused this problem. I really want to find what is this and how can be corrected. Everything in the FE seems to be fine, but I am really curious about this issue.

dsidir

If anyone noticed the same problem or have any idea of the cause or a solution please post. Thanx in advance

Milbo

There is no problem, it is just the display in the list for the admin. Cosmetic, I take a look, but more to prevent confusion.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

was an old escape of joomla. The new method in vm is that we do not need to escape the display extra, because we store it directly escaped.

dsidir

Still dont get it. Is there any solution to show the letters normally in the backend as it was before?

Milbo

lol, what should I write more than I that I fixed it.
Quote from: Milbo on February 14, 2015, 11:09:51 AM
was an old escape of joomla. The new method in vm is that we do not need to escape the display extra, because we store it directly escaped.

dsidir

maybe I lost something here. Probably it is not a big issue, but I still wonder how I can make the back end to show properly the product categories description, since I see strange characters.

Milbo

I say all the time it is not a big issue, it is just an unecessary "escape" in the list. It is pure cosmetic, it is FIXED in the svn.