News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.0.4 permissions not setting correctly

Started by hetclub, February 02, 2015, 17:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hetclub

Running Joomla 3.3.6, PHP 5.3.29 trying to move from Joomshopping to VM.  Updated all the way up through to VM 3.0.4.  When I went to Configuration and clicked on Permissions, window opened up to permissions but without Save, Save and Close header.  Clicked on Global Configuration, header appeared.  Clicked down on Virtuemart.  Permissions opened into window with Save, Save and Close header.  However all permissions set to Not allowed all the way through to Super User.  I could change Super Users but if I changed any other permissions like my Website Admin,  it would make the same changes to Public.  Since I did not have any significant data in VM yet, I deleted all VM off and deleted all VM tables out of database.  Then I reloaded VM 3.0.4 from scratch and I still have the same problem with permissions. 

Aaron
www.hetclub.org

jenkinhill

ACL permissions are now set in Joomla Global configuration - /index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_virtuemart
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hetclub

Thanks for the response.

So hear are three pictures of what I see. 

VM-1: shows how the permissions open and the URL after I click the Permissions button from the VM Configuration window.  There is no header bar and no Save, Save and Close.
VM-2: After I click on Global Configuration and then back to Virtuemart, it now shows the header with buttons.
VM-3: When I click on Super Users, the buttons are half there.  Additionally I had to change all of them from Inherited with no permissions (maybe that is the default)

What is the weird problem is the Website Admin, when has most privileges but not a super users, when I click on the role (Website Admin) on the left it does not change the settings.  In other words, if I click on Public, the permissions change to Denied (Inherited), then I click on Website Admin, permissions don't change (they are all red).  Then I click on Super Users, the permissions change to the half-green permissions you see in VM-3.  But when I click on Website Admin, they don't change (they are all half-green).  Is there a place that I can look at the VM permission assignments?  Can I set them manually?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hetclub

Thanks that fixed my permissions problem.  Looks like the permissions button from the Configuration Panel still needs to be updated to pull in the header so you can save, but the work around would be to click the Global Configuration first and then click back on the virtuemart.

Thanks for the help!

thelake

Sorry - löst für mich das Problem nicht.....
vmrules.php neu auf den Server geladen, mit neuem Browser neu eingeloggt. Nach wie vor keine Berechtigung VM zu bearbeiten

Joomla 3.3.6
VM3.0.4

????

wgio

Hi, I have the same problem on 3.0.6.2 VirtueMart and Joomla! 3.4.0.
Has anyone solved?
I hope someone can help me, thanks