News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Display 'selected' currency on order emails

Started by gergnnud, February 01, 2015, 00:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gergnnud

I have been migrating an existing VM1 site to VM3 and have run into a big problem.

The shop sells products from Japan to the world so the Vendor currency is set to JPY. There are many accepted currencies such as USD, CAD, AUD, EUR, GBP, NZD etc.

I have modified the currency module to automatically detect the display currency based in GeoIP. The cart works well but the PayPal page and order email show prices in the Vendor currency only. This would be very confusing to the customer of course, especially because the display of Yen looks quite different to the display of dollars pounds or euro.

Firstly I find this behaviour counter intuitive. Why have selectable currencies at all if they are not going to display on results?
Secondly it seems that the backend config only offers display of 'one only' different currency in payment methods. That means payment methods are not tied into the currency module in any way.

Am I missing something is is this going to require a major hack to display the 'selected' currency result on the order email.

Milbo

No, actually it should display it in the selected currency and only if you pay in a different curreny, then it should show the sum in the payment currency one time. We even store the exchange rate in the order. hmmm, which vm3 do you use? 3.0.4?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gergnnud

Thanks for responding Milbo. I was hoping one of the experts was going to answer. VM vs 3.0.2

I will update to 3.0.4 and try again. I now have it on a live server if you want to take a look. Can I post links?

gergnnud

Updated to VM 3.0.4, unfortunately no change. If you are saying it should display in the selected currency of the currency module by default, then I will have to investigate my installation more thoroughly. Interestingly old orders generated in VM1 days in the database display correctly.

alatak

Hello

QuoteThe cart works well but the PayPal page and order email show prices in the Vendor currency only.
At the moment, you have to create one Paypal payment method for each currency that your store accepts.
Then all the Paypal payments show in the cart, and the user selects the one he wants to use.
QuoteSecondly it seems that the backend config only offers display of 'one only' different currency in payment methods. That means payment methods are not tied into the currency module in any way.
It is correct, at the moment, the payment method is not tied to the currency module.

virenrathore

Hi Milbo and alatak,

I am the developer for Greg. we did all about changes but no result. it always display payment currency as vendor currency at paypal. it shows cart amount in user selected currency but payment currency always vendor currency.

see attached screen shot how it display on cart page.

gergnnud

Just to add to virendrarathore, we have even tried a complete clean install of Jooma 3 and VM 3 , configure shop and add sample data. VM displays vendor currency rather than the selected currency in the currency module on orders and emails.

gergnnud

Here are some screenshots of a test based on a fresh, bare bones install of latest Joomla and VM. The process retains selected currency (AUD) through to order list but not the order itself, which defaults to vendor currency.
Unless we can find a way to display the order and order email in the selected currency to the shopper we do not have a shopping cart. This is not how VM1 worked. Please help.

guayomena

I'm having the same problem. No matter how I configure Virtuemart, emails display all prices in the vendor currency instead of the selected currency.
Anybody has a solution for that?

guayomena

I'm having the same problem. I'v tried a lot of different things but still, the email is always sent with prices in the vendor currency and ignoring the selected currency in the currency module.
Does anybody have a solution for this?
I think this is a serious bug.

bkleyens

I have the same problem, did you ever find a solution to this?
VM 3.0.16

panjarek

Has someone solution for this? I think problem still exists.