News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error 1271 when searching on frontend

Started by VMRESLO, April 25, 2015, 18:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VMRESLO

Hello everyone!

When I try searching and use characters "č" "ž" "š"on the frontend of my Virtumart shop I am getting Error 1271, which states:

An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page
Go to the Home Page

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation 'like' SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS p.`virtuemart_product_id` FROM `5yl_virtuemart_products` as p INNER JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_products_en_gb` as l using (`virtuemart_product_id`) LEFT JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups` as ps ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `ps`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_product_categories` as pc ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `pc`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_product_manufacturers` ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `5yl_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_manufacturers_en_gb` as m ON m.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id` = `5yl_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id` LEFT JOIN `5yl_virtuemart_product_prices` as pp ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = pp.`virtuemart_product_id` WHERE ((`l`.product_name LIKE "%č%" OR `l`.product_s_desc LIKE "%č%" OR `mf_name` LIKE "%č%" OR `product_price` LIKE "%č%" OR `p`.modified_on LIKE "%č%") AND ((p.`product_parent_id` = "0" AND `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` > "0") OR p.`product_parent_id` > "0") AND ((p.`product_parent_id` > "0" AND `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` > "0") OR p.`product_parent_id` = "0") AND ( `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`= "1" OR `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` IS NULL ) AND p.`published`="1" ) group by p.`virtuemart_product_id` ORDER BY product_s_desc ASC LIMIT 0, 24

Please help, I have no idea how to fix this. I have allready changed the collation in phpmyadmin to utf8_general_ci and nothing happened. When I try the same on the backend everything works. Is this a problem with VM - Search in Shop module?

I am using VirtueMart 3.0.6.2 on joomla 3.4.1 with php 5.5.

Thank you in advance and best regards to all!

GJC Web Design

try switching on Joomla debug so you can see the DB queries (scroll down)

Is there a difference between a BE & FE query?
What if you search from the VM cat view?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation