News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update to VirtueMart 3.0.4 - 3.0.6.2 Breaks Authorize.net AIM Payment

Started by mronayne, January 29, 2015, 22:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalbehavior

I am having this problem as well. Any solution that will not let expired credit cards through?

Thank you!

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I'm in TestMode - yes.
But I'm using a valid card with all the correct information.

The test comes from authorize.net
They are going to validate the card before accepting the charge.

In sandbox mode, you can use most anything.

TestMode allows you to run the entire process "exactly" as if the site were live. So the cc info is sent for capture to authorize.net and they verify if the card is valid, or if the CVV is valid, date, etc. If anything is not correct, the appropriate response is returned and the sale is not completed.
If everything "is" correct and valid, the sale is completed and you get to the thank you page.

Theoretically, you cannot get to the thank you page in testmode unless everything is validated.
And, there is validation information "before" the final confirmation button is clicked by the user to indicate that all of the cc info has been verified.

So when you get to the thank you page, everything has been captured, authorized, validated and accepted. At that page there "cannot" be any errors...but there are.

In sandbox, you are allowed to use most anything, although they provide 3 or 4 card numbers to use for processing, and "any" CVV will work with any card. So that's not a very good final test process. It's good to assure that everything is functioning, but not good for the final test before allowing users to to the site for final processing.

When I turned the authorizenet.php validation from TRUE to FALSE, the system allowed any card and any information to be input into the cc fields. Nothing was actually validated.

Valerie said on Thursday that she would look into the issue, but I've not seen any activity to indicate she's found a resolve.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

alatak

Hello
I cannot reproduce your problem.
It may be another plugin disturbing authorize. Can you unpublish the payment plugins you are not using, and try again?

alatak

Hello

For some reason, on your website, the js file components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmcreditcard.js is not loaded.
i tried different checkout configuration on my test site, and i cannot reproduce your problem.

mronayne

Ok, This one has gotten even stranger... After upgrading to VN 3.0.6.2 with Joomla 3.4.0 and the beez3 template I still see erroneous messages about credit  card validation.
Here is the sequence of events that produce an erroneous credit card error message.

• Make sure One Page Checkout is enabled.
    Create a user account with at least one alternate ship to address.
    shop for a product - any product, add it to the cart, and proceed through the normal checkout process using the Authorize.net AIM method in Sand box mode.
    Everything should work as expected with no error messages.
    Now, shop again and add any other product to the cart.
    Show the cart and select any other address.
    You should see multiple credit card errors appear in the message area - here is what I see:

Card Number Invalid
Card CVV Number Invalid or Missing
Card Number Invalid
Card Number Invalid
Card Number Invalid

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Valerie,

I have only the 1 payment plugin - authorize.net

If you are directing your post to me about the /vmcreditcard.js not loaded, what would you suggest as an attempt to get it to load?
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

mronayne

Valerie,

I am running as basic a configuration as possible so I cannot figure out what, if anything, is interfering with this?
Visit: http://base2014.cejayengineering.com/index.php and create yourself an account, then follow the steps I've outlined in my previous post. You should see the errors I am seeing.

Regards,
Mike

alatak

Hello
If you are not using the OPC option in VM, i found the reason:

in the file components/com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php line 170
replace

$cart->setShipmentMethod(true, !$html);
$cart->setPaymentMethod(true, !$html);

with

$force = VmConfig::get('oncheckout_opc',true);
$cart->setShipmentMethod($force, !$html);