News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Special characters in hints/popup

Started by vis18neu, January 29, 2015, 18:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vis18neu

We're using Virtuemart 3.0.4 and all our language files are translated in UTF-8 without BOM. We've noticed that there's a problem with special characters in popup/hint windows. When editing for example Configuration, all special characters are shown in all tabs, but when we place mouse over some option, popup hint does not show special characters but only regular characters while special characters are replaced with a variety of codes or strange symbols. We did not have this issue on Virtuemart 2.x versions, what could be the problem?

vis18neu

I would really appreciate if someone could answer my question. What can be done to show special characters properly?

Milbo

I do not understand it. I know which topic you are talking about. I dont understand what you mean with "editing for example Configuration, all special characters are shown in all tabs"

We store anything encoded, so some js/popups need an extra decoding, but I must exactyl know which one.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

vis18neu

Thanks for responding. I'm trying to explain that all tabs/pages for VM configuration are showing correct special characters, but help/popup text (when you place a mouse on some option) do not show special characters but various codes instead of them. Basically, it's hard to read such text in popup hints as a portion of text is replaced with codes.