News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3.0.2 Install Errors / Joomla 3.3.6

Started by bsntech, January 26, 2015, 19:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsntech

Just did a brand new install of Joomla 3.3.6.

Downloaded a copy of the newest Virtuemart 3.0.2 from the site.  Unzipped the file.

Logged into the admin portal and uploaded the Virtuemart component.  I got an error message 1062 about a duplicate key:

Duplicate entry '251' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- VirtueMart table data SQL script -- This will insert all essential data into the VirtueMart tables -- -- Configuration data has been moved to virtuemart.cfg -- -- -- Dumping data for table `vsgcf_virtuemart_adminmenuentries` -- INSERT INTO `vsgcf_virtuemart_adminmenuentries` (`id`, `module_id`, `parent_id`, `name`, `link`, `depends`, `icon_class`, `ordering`, `published`, `tooltip`, `view`, `task`) VALUES (null , 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-folder_camera', 1, 1, '', 'category', ''), (null, 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-camera', 2, 1, '', 'product', ''), (null, 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_CUSTOM_FIELD_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-document_move', 5, 1, '', 'custom', ''), (null, 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_INVENTORY', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-price_watch', 7, 1, '', 'inventory', ''), (null, 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_CALC_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-calculator', 8, 1, '', 'calc', ''), (null, 1, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEW_RATE_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-comments', 9, 1, '', 'ratings', ''), (null, 2, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-page_white_stack', 1, 1, '', 'orders', ''), (null, 2, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_COUPON_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-shopping', 10, 1, '', 'coupon', ''), (null, 2, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_REPORT', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-chart_bar', 3, 1, '', 'report',''), (null, 2, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-user', 4, 1, '', 'user', ''), (null, 2, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPERGROUP_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-user-group', 5, 1, '', 'shoppergroup', ''), (null, 3, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MANUFACTURER_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-wrench_orange', 1, 1, '', 'manufacturer', ''), (null, 3, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MANUFACTURER_CATEGORY_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-folder_wrench', 2, 1, '', 'manufacturercategories', ''), (null, 4, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_STORE', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-reseller_account_template', 1, 1, '', 'user', 'editshop'), (null, 4, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MEDIA_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-pictures', 2, 1, '', 'media', ''), (null, 4, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENTMETHOD_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-lorry', 3, 1, '', 'shipmentmethod', ''), (null, 4, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PAYMENTMETHOD_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-creditcards', 4, 1, '', 'paymentmethod', ''), (null, 5, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_CONFIGURATION', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-config', 1, 1, '', 'config', ''), (null, 5, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_USERFIELD_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-participation_rate', 2, 1, '', 'userfields', ''), (null, 5, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDERSTATUS_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-document_editing', 3, 1, '', 'orderstatus', ''), (null, 5, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_CURRENCY_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-coins', 5, 1, '', 'currency', ''), (null, 5, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_COUNTRY_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-globe', 6, 1, '', 'country', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_UPDATE', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-installer_box', 0, 1, '', 'updatesmigration', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ABOUT', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-info', 10, 1, '', 'about', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_HELP_TOPICS', 'http://docs.virtuemart.net/';, '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-help', 5, 1, '', '', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMUNITY_FORUM', 'http://forum.virtuemart.net/';, '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-reseller_programm', 7, 1, '', '', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_STATISTIC_SUMMARY', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-info', 1, 1, '', 'virtuemart', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_LOG', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-info', 2, 1, '', 'log', ''), (null, 11, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SUPPORT', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-help', 3, 1, '', 'support', '');

Any reason why this would be occurring?  I've installed Virtuemart 2.X on Joomla 2.5.X in the past and got SQL error messages as well - but at least the install did go through and was successful.

However, I was able to overcome this issue.  I had to unzip all of the files in the component file.  I went into the install/install_essential_data.sql and the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/install_essential_data.sql files and where the "#__virtuemart_adminmenuentries" data rows were inserted, the "null" portion was changed to incrementing numbers.

Re-created the zip file of all the files.  Uploaded to the site and the install was successful.  But had these two warnings:

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

OK, next - the AIO file.  Installed with no problems.

Went in to start configuring the component.  This error is shown - and nothing seems to fix it:

Your Virtuemart installation contains an error: No user as marked as vendor. Please fix this in your phpMyAdmin and set #__virtuemart_vmusers.user_is_vendor = 1 and #__virtuemart_vmusers.virtuemart_vendor_id = 1 to one of your administrator users. Please update all users to be associated with virtuemart_vendor_id 1.

So yes - I know other posts mentioned how to fix this several times.  But, when I go to the virtuemart_vmusers table, there are NO entries in there.  Because there are no entries/rows in that table, there isn't anything for me to update.

With that being said, what is the next process for getting rid of this message?

bsntech

Just as an FYI, the issue with setting the admin user was fixed by completely removing the Joomla install and re-installing using my modified installer that sets the adminmenuentries in the SQL file from 'null' to incremental numbers.

Don't know why I had to do that, but it seems everything is OK now.

GJC Web Design

bizarre -- have installed stacks of VM3 over the last few months .. never a table install problem..
the NULL's are there because the field is AUTO_INCREMENT

what is the structure of for example your vsgcf_virtuemart_adminmenuentries id field?

should be `id` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

frodo17

I have the same problem :(. I use Azure hosting. Do you happen to install? Please tell me in detail how you have changed the installation script.

jrumbold

I had this issue too. Brand new install on a local pc.

In my case I had the MySql auto_increment_increment setting set to 10. Changing it to 0 or 1 fixed this install issue for me.

Milbo

Quote from: bsntech on January 26, 2015, 19:54:18 PM
Went in to start configuring the component.  This error is shown - and nothing seems to fix it:

Your Virtuemart installation contains an error: No user as marked as vendor. Please fix this in your phpMyAdmin and set #__virtuemart_vmusers.user_is_vendor = 1 and #__virtuemart_vmusers.virtuemart_vendor_id = 1 to one of your administrator users. Please update all users to be associated with virtuemart_vendor_id 1.

So yes - I know other posts mentioned how to fix this several times.  But, when I go to the virtuemart_vmusers table, there are NO entries in there.  Because there are no entries/rows in that table, there isn't anything for me to update.
Strange problems.

I would run the tool "make fresh install with sample data" or similar.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member