News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct... at saving translation

Started by sebmolo, January 26, 2015, 18:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebmolo

Hello,
I'm trying to set up a second language for an existing shop.
The shop has already been done in French, and now I'm adding English.
I followed the steps to set up the site in a second language and everything works fine.
When I want to edit the second language (english in my case) of a parent product i get:
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled
When i edit a child product it saves normally.
A searched desperately the forum and found posts about the "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled" error due to other reasons and tried every solution written, but I cannot solve this issue.
I checked in the database, I erased all the other users just to be sure, I made sure that the Vendor was me... but every time I want to save a parent product I get this error message...

jjk

Which exact versions of Joomla and VM do you use?
In case of VM3 - if you look at your parent product and click the 'Child Products' tab, do you have a duplicate 'Custom SEF Alias' in your list of child products?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

sebmolo

jjk

I'm sorry, but at present I can't reproduce that error message. Does is also happen if you add a new product plus child product and try to edit the parent afterwards?

The piece of code which triggers the error message is this one within the file ...\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\product.php:
public function store (&$product) {

vRequest::vmCheckToken();

if ($product) {
$data = (array)$product;
}
$isChild = FALSE;
if(!empty($data['isChild'])) $isChild = $data['isChild'];

$superVendor = VmConfig::isSuperVendor();
if(empty($superVendor)){
vmError('You are not a vendor or administrator, storing of product cancelled');
return FALSE;
}

...but since I'm not a programmer, I don't fully understand where the 'superVendor' info might be missing.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

sebmolo

Thanks for your help, I'll do more testings and come back when I have different results.