News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

virtuemart_user_id in table virtuemart_order_userinfos of first order is "0"

Started by CarlosC, January 26, 2015, 15:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosC

My System:
PHP: 5.3.1
Joomla: 3.3.6. Stable
VM: 3.0.2.

After confirming the email-confirmation-link the shopper canĀ“t see his first order when he is logged, in because of the
the virtuemart_user_id in table virtuemart_order_userinfos of the first order is "0". Also not if I close the active session!
Where is the id set (update) to this table or what have I to call to be done. At the time I confirm the order the user_id is knowen I think.

Best regards
Carlos

jenkinhill

PHP5.3.1 ???  Minimum requirement for J3.3.x and VM3.x is PHP5.3.10 - and preferably 5.4+
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

CarlosC

Sorry, I forgot the "0".
PHP: 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.15 (5.4 still not available )

jenkinhill

I don't use email confirmation of registration as the last thing I want on my sites is an obstruction to a quick simple sale. So I have Joomla New User Account Activation set to None. Here there is no problem with the shopper orders. May have time to test with required registration confim later today.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

You registered. But you did not use the confirm link, then you checked out,... so the order is stored as guest. Then you used the confirm link of the registration email. Of course you cannot see the email. BUT your shop email contains a link to see the order.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CarlosC

At first thanks Jenkin and Milbo for your reply and your good work in the project.

@ Milbo: That is exact what happens. The problem is, the customer will never see his old first order when he is going to
his login because of the missing virtuemart_user_id in _virtuemart_order_userinfos.

In my old shop (VM2.0.26d) it still works.
I think you have made the change in a newer version because there were always problems with the checkout email and the registration
because the new guest was still in the open session when he tried to login.

For me I have made a override in the order_done.php and it worked fine in 2.0.26d.

1. I changed the registration notification in "Your account is successful registered" and delete the information
with the registration email in this notofication.

2. In the order_done.php I cancelled the session with a session kill,
   and inform now the guest about the registration email in his mailbox (see attach).
If he now tries to login there will be also the notification to look for his email account and the registration-email.
If he now use the registration link in the mail, his account will be ok and he is able to see his guest order to,
because of the user_id in not "0" in _virtuemart_order_userinfos (2.0.26d).

But this does not work in 3.0.2
It was a simple change, but now I do not find the place (function?) where the user_id should be set in the _virtuemart_order_userinfos.