News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Checkout not possible

Started by Lapskaus, January 26, 2015, 14:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lapskaus

I think this issue is a leftover from the update from Joomla 2.5 and VM 2 to Joomla 3.3.6 and VM 3.0.2.
In the old version i had systempay active and although "1-page checkout" was disabled i was able to checkout directly form my cart.
Now in this version the plugin isnt available anymore and i cant checkout. i click the button and get the system-message "Please confirm your order" (step 4 is show also). but my cart , shipment adress etc is show aswell i cant confirm the order cause no button is shown.

I tried to place a order with the backup / old versions and disabled systempay -> same issue. System pay enabled , order is placed, emails sent.

Anyone knows how to fix this ?

jenkinhill

A Systemplay plugin is not longer provided, and the earlier (long time ago!) plugin will not work with Joomla 3.x or VM 3.x
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Lapskaus

Well thats what i thought too. But since im working for like 2 days with virtuemart and its a project i took over from a collegue i really dont have a clue how to fix this problem. Isnt there a way to just add another payment plugin or some other easy way to get the checkout working again ? Any help or link to good tutorials on that matter are very much appreciated.

Laps

jenkinhill

You can configure another plugin to be used under the Shop/Payment methods menu.  http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/shop-menu/payment-methods.html

You must have a payment method configured to be able to checkout.  Also if you are using old template overrides they may need updating to work with VM3.x
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Lapskaus

Thanks for that Link, helped to understand the system, but i still got the same Problem.
I created another payment method. Didnt help.

I put products in my cart (i got only 1 shipment and 1 payment method setup and shown in my pricelist).
When i hit the "buy now"-  button the page is refreshed and the system message "confirm your order" is shown on top of the page. But other than that message, the cart looks exactly the same as before i hit "Buy now" , no confirm button nothing, all i am able to do is hit "buy now" again with the same result - a refresh, nothing else.

jenkinhill

Are you using template overrides? A commercial one page checkout? URL?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Lapskaus

Yes I am using template overrides. And it was absolutly horrible to adapt Virtuemart 2.x to 3.0.2  .
I had to edit the cart layout because we have to meet specific layout standards here in germany. I did comment out a row in the default_pricelist.php - this one : echo vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE') -  which seemed to be just a header for the tablerow i didnt use. but when i comment it back in the checkout works fine. Maybe i had  syntax error or sth i didnt notice and i didnt get any error messages ?! who knows. Everything works fine now. Thanks for your help.

bluezeyes

Be aware that the cart do more use of AJAX functions of updating the cart maybe that's the reason why it won't work without cart price.

Some function rely on the cart price value...

When you don't need to show it, blend it out via CSS