News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Variations with Variations

Started by Lapskaus, January 25, 2015, 14:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lapskaus

Hi,

I got a Product where the customer needs to select two sizes. For example a Pipe where the outer and inner diameter need to be chosen. The size of the inner diamater is depending on the size of the outer diameter.

I tried to create parent and child products with custom fields  to realize the dependencies between the sizes:

[Base Product PIPE] - has children -> [Pipe with outer diameter] - has children -> [Pipe with outer AND inner diameter] The customer should only be able to order the last type of products where both sizes are chosen. I assigned Custom fields as Generic child variants to the [Base Product PIPE] and [Pipe with outer diameter] Variants. The dropdownfields are shown correctly, but i have 3 problems to solve now:

1.After i chose an outer diameter and the first "layer" of child products is loaded, the "Please select a variant" Button desappears and the "Add to cart" button is shown. But since the freshly loaded dropdown for the inner diameter still shows "Please select a varaint" this allows customers to order a pipe with a selected outer , but witout any selection for the inner diameter. Is there a way to either preselect a child variant or disable the" "addto cart" button again ?

2. Id like to be able to chose what values are shown in the dropdownlist. e.g. "outer Ø 10 mm" etc instead of the variants name, and also show this same value in the cart when i try to solve this with generic child variant fields im only shown the product title in the cart area.

MfG ,
Laps

balai

Hi

You can try this plugin
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/stockable-custom-fields

It will allow you to select only the compatible options

Lapskaus

Did a workaround myself. I created a customfield "orderable" which will be set to 0 or 1 in the productpage, with the information provided by this variable changed the addtocart.php to only show the button when this variable isnt set at all or shows "1".