News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiply sign in custom fields

Started by ivacademyru, January 23, 2015, 22:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivacademyru

Multiply sign in custom fields not working please help! Shop VM2.0.24 Joomla 2.5.28
Im creating an carpet store with different sizes write them in custom fields in 2x3, 5x6, etc., and  ideal any of these dimensions should be multiplied to the basic price per square meter but the sign * not working on any of the fields, only the + or - who solve the problem please reply. I search all over the internet, and dont find any answer how to make * to work in custom fields thank you in advance
Web site design, eCommerce design, you own first Online Business Order Now and Get - 10% off  at IT IVAcademy lab just contact us, click www.ivacademy.net

GJC Web Design

no idea if this will fix it but VM2.0.24 is so old.. that's why new versions are released - bug fixes

plus-> http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/462-security-release-of-vm2-6-10-and-vm2-9-9b
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ivacademyru

I update it to VM 2.6.0a still * in custom fields dont work
Web site design, eCommerce design, you own first Online Business Order Now and Get - 10% off  at IT IVAcademy lab just contact us, click www.ivacademy.net

ivacademyru

Now I update it to even VirtueMart 2.6.12 still * in custom fields dont work

ivacademyru

Good plugin but still it not marking  what is needed to I have an carpet shop every product have  30 sizes 2x3,6x4....... means that I have30 customer fields and it suppose to calculate in each 30 custom field basic price*2*3 etc. For now any plugin vm is calculate just for one customer field and in custom fields work only + - but I need *

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ivacademyru

Very Good plugin but still it not  doing what is needed to for my shop ( multiply *). I have an carpet shop every product have  30 sizes 2x3,6x4....... means that I have30 custom fields and it suppose to calculate in each of the 30 custom field basic price*2*3 etc. For now any VM plugin calculate just for one customer field ( multiply *) and in custom fields work only + and - but I need ( multiply *) I think a lot of VM users need it ( multiply * in custom field) but I couldnt find the answer yet in any VM forums in any language.

AH

Maybe this one will do the trick

Free - so if you cannot use - it cost you nothing!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127362.0
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ivacademyru

This is better its make just few * ,
BUT I need in all 30 custom field of each of my product to have multiply * function there is already + and-function may be there should be some formula or so to activate multiply*

AH

QuoteThis is better its make just few *

Good

QuoteBUT I need in all 30 custom field of each of my product to have multiply * function there is already + and-function may be there should be some formula or so to activate multiply*

I am unsure what you mean by this but :-

For VM3

The price of an item is controlled by function plgVmPrepareCartProduct within the plugin you are using (let us know which one might also help!)

Unless you have a plugin that states that it supports this functionality. Using a multiplier (*) in a customfield will NOT work.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ivacademyru

For now I dont use any plugin for it only standart VM

ivacademyru

is * multiply working in vm3 custom fields? im migrating now vrom vm2

AH

* does not work in base VM customfields

You need to get a plugin that supports it
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ivacademyru

Thankyou for you answer . Do you actualy know some VM3 plugin that supports * for the 60 costumed fields of each product (I have an carpet shop and each product have 60 sizes and prices, {simple formula basic price * 2x3, basic price * 10x10  etc 60 times} ?