Virtuemart Screwed up the Entire Functionality of the Front End for My Client

Started by tim92109, January 23, 2015, 06:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim92109

I'm kind of pissed.  If my client is logged in where they can edit an article, there's also an edit icon on virtuemart products.  If they click on that, it takes them to the virtuemart configuration outside of the template.  There's no admin template around the area.  There's no front end template around the area.  I could deal with that except if they hit cancel - or anything, they can't get out.  So, now the editing functionality of the entire site is messed up because of VM.

Really?  If you're going to make it so that admins can edit products from the front end when logged in - then make it so they can get back out!!!  Frustrated.  There's not even a class on the edit button so that it can be removed.  I know your extension's free... and maybe you're trying to get people to buy 3rd party extensions that you also own to make things work.  But c'mon...

AH

QuoteI'm kind of pissed.

That is your opening "cry" for help!

So you never tested this before handing over to the client!

QuoteSo, now the editing functionality of the entire site is messed up because of VM.
There's not even a class on the edit button so that it can be removed.

And you never tested it before going live? And you handed it over to a paying client - hmm!

Browse the forum if you have these sort of issues and you will often find a solution - you can do a template override to remove the edit button from the VM product page.

Copy
components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php

To

templates/yourtemplate/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php

And remove this

<?php

// Product Edit Link

echo $this->edit_link;

// Product Edit Link END

?>

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Quote from: tim92109 on January 23, 2015, 06:19:57 AM
I'm kind of pissed.  If my client is logged in where they can edit an article, there's also an edit icon on virtuemart products.  If they click on that, it takes them to the virtuemart configuration outside of the template.  There's no admin template around the area.  There's no front end template around the area.
no it is not outside the template. It is just rendering the componenent only.

I could deal with that except if they hit cancel - or anything, they can't get out.  So, now the editing functionality of the entire site is messed up because of VM.
?? That you have problems to use the FE administration of VM has nothing todo with the other editing functionality of joomla. Completly different code.

Really?  If you're going to make it so that admins can edit products from the front end when logged in - then make it so they can get back out!!!

Sounds like you have no clue that you must configure the ACL properly. Before blaming VM I give you the good advice to read the tutorials, manuals, and the forum first.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member