News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 3.0.3 pagination not working right

Started by bboom, January 20, 2015, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboom

Hi,

I installed VM 3.0.3 on a development site, I was trying to use the pagination. But when I go to page 2 I cannot go back to page one.

Demo: https://klant38.b-boom.nl/boeken

Joomla 3.3.6
VirtueMart 3.0.3

jenkinhill

As stated many times here, pagination is broken in Joomla 3.3.6 - testing with alpha/beta Joomla 3.4 shows it is repaired fpor that version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

Joomla have released Joomla 3.4 beta1 with "stable" release version expected on 17 February.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MGHollander

This has something to do with the menu. If a category is a menu item then the pagination breaks. Disable the menu items and it works again. I see you fixed it. Did you fix it yourself or have you installed Joomla 3.4?

bboom

I've installed joomla 3.4_dev, it is only a development site, I'll launch that site after the joomla 3.4 release.

MAD King

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 30, 2015, 17:10:32 PM
Joomla have released Joomla 3.4 beta1 with "stable" release version expected on 17 February.

Thank you for the good news.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MAD King

Quote from: MGHollander on January 30, 2015, 17:17:25 PM
This has something to do with the menu. If a category is a menu item then the pagination breaks. Disable the menu items and it works again. I see you fixed it. Did you fix it yourself or have you installed Joomla 3.4?

What do you exactly mean by that?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MGHollander

Quote from: MAD King on January 30, 2015, 17:25:55 PM
Quote from: MGHollander on January 30, 2015, 17:17:25 PM

What do you exactly mean by that?

Well, if you test the pagination of the VirtueMart demo (http://demo.virtuemart.net/pagination-testarea) you'll notice it works. If you add a menu item with the type "VirtueMart > Category Layout" and you select the category "Pagination testarea" it breaks.

MAD King

You are referring to VM 2 on Joomla 2.5

I have VM 3.0.3 on Joomla 3.3.6
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

The demo is VM3 on J2.5 so does not show the Joomla pagination problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MGHollander

I know the demo is on J2.5. I think you miss my point.

Install a J3.3.6 with VM3 including test data. Visit the "Pagination testarea" category and notice that pagination will work! Next add a menu item with the type "VirtueMart > Category Layout" and select the category "Pagination testarea". Visit the "Pagination testarea" category and notice that pagination will break... Unpublish the menu item and pagination will work again.

MAD King

So, what you are saying is that VM 3 has the broken pagination and not Joomla?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MGHollander

No thats not what I'm saying. The menu item part is Joomla. What I try to say is the problem only appears when you create a menu item for a category neads pagination.