After update to 2.6.8 breadcrumb for product en categories not working well

Started by H3k, August 19, 2014, 17:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3k

After i updated by extensions installer in Joomla 2.5.21 to 2.6.8 and also the aio... i noticed the breadcrumb product navigation was not working well. If i choose a category and then a sub category and then the product , the category was left out in the breadcrumb.   If i go back to the store and choose the parent category again i immediately see the latest subcategory with products  i chose. So the other subcategories are not shown anymore.  It lookes like a cache problem? After i while i can choose again but the same error appears after.   It is a little difficult to explain but i had to restore a back up with older Virtuemart version.
Someone had the same?  I don't know how to fix it.

neilahin

I have the same problem after updating from 2.6.6 to 2.6.8 my categories keep linking to sub products instead of category

capewellmj

I'm having the exact same problem. If I click on a sub category eg. Products category main> Product category 2 > Product Category 3 > product category 4 The breadcrumbs doesnt't show the product category 1 or 2 3 anymore. Also if I then click the link for the main product category 2 from my category menu, it still tries to choose product category 4.

I updated from 2.6.6 to 2.6.8.

I did some test and re-installed VM 2.6.6 and they are working properly again.

Martin

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bigboast

I've just updated to VM3.04 with Joomla 2.5.28 and am getting the problem described in this post.

If I am not logged in I get a random (cached?) breadcrumb result when navigating through the category hierarchy. However when I login, the result is correct.

Could it be that the fix described previously may have regressed?   

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member