News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopping Cart Plugin for VM3 not available anymore?

Started by MAD King, January 08, 2015, 23:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Hello,

either I am not able to find it or it is just not there anymore. In VM 2 there was a plugin to show a shopping cart icon on e.g. top of a website.
In VM 3 this does not exist anymore. How does it work now?

Thank you

Joomla 3.3.6
VM 3.0.2

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

That icon is from a third party template or cart module/plugin. VM3 contains the same cart module as in VM2.x, VM - Shopping cart, which is installed by the aio component.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MAD King

I had the impression it was already included in VM2. Thank you
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

You can show the VM2 shopping cart module anywhere

If you choose not to show item details it will show a summary line

You can add an icon if you require using CSS
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MAD King

That's it. Thank you. I knew it was possible with VM.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bluezeyes

Yes,  it's possible to add a cart icon, either with an overwrite for the specific module:
Code (html) Select
<i class="icon-cart"></i>
or via custom CSS where you use the appropriate selector and pseudo classes :before, :after ...
There are lots examples in the net showing howto add icons delivered with bootstrap 2.3.2

Kind regards,

bluezeyes

AH

Bluezeyes

Try and stay on topic!

This post is solved and suggesting bootstrap is not relevant
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bluezeyes

OT: Hudson, I get your point of view,  it's solved yes,  but why not give an example which work,  when joomla 3.3.6 (which he use) comes with bootstrap 2.3.2 and also virtuemart use those icon classes?
So giving an example and pointing to extended doc, like in this case bootstrap,  is not a failure.
He was not asking especially for this icon visible in his screenshot but asking generally ...

Others may find this thread too and sure happy when they find a example ...

AH

He was not asking for the CSS relating to an icon - he had just not located the mod_virtuemart_cart module and installed it to display in a relevant position.

Suggesting he modifies CSS is not a correct answer -

If you want to talk about using boostrap and css then it would be better to wait for a question where such an answer was valid, or create a new post e.g.

"Display a cart icon using bootstrap and mod_virtuemart_cart"
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MAD King

Quote from: Hutson on January 18, 2015, 13:39:18 PM
He was not asking for the CSS relating to an icon - he had just not located the mod_virtuemart_cart module and installed it to display in a relevant position.

That is correct, but thank you bluezeyes for your thoughts.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bluezeyes

Good afternoon Hudson,
it seems more and more that we don't talk here about the topic them-self, but instead how the common sense is here to answer on a question exactly without giving importantly not more information as needed... for me this kind of OT, which could be handled in a PM, but ok. :)
Correct me, a forum lives from members who have a solution or even willing to answer. If this forum is allowed only for experts to answer, who have the skills and ability to give a nailed-down answer or to offer their developed work to buy, then kindly let me know that.

Quote from: HudsonHe was not asking for the CSS relating to an icon [...] Suggesting he modifies CSS is not a correct answer
Why are you giving him then that hint in a previous post?
Quote from: Hudson
Quote from: Hutson on January 09, 2015, 09:25:43 AM[...]You can add an icon if you require using CSS

Quote from: Hutson on January 18, 2015, 13:39:18 PM[...]he had just not located the mod_virtuemart_cart module and installed it to display in a relevant position.
If he haven't had located the cart module and used it, he would not know that it don't print out a cart icon.
The position was only an example by MAD King, and is always depending to the template and/or the overwrite he may use (which we don't know)
Quote from: MAD King on January 08, 2015, 23:00:29 PM
[...]was a plugin to show a shopping cart icon on e.g. top of a website.
[...]How does it work now?

Quote from: Hutson on January 18, 2015, 13:39:18 PMIf you want to talk about using boostrap and css then it would be better to wait for a question where such an answer was valid, or create a new post e.g. "Display a cart icon using bootstrap and mod_virtuemart_cart"
I don't want to talk about bootstrap or CSS (which you already did before, why not me?), i want to give a possible solution for his included question to show a cart icon and give a hint on the docs for the shipped version of bootstrap which comes with his used joomla version, where he could snoop arround ...

I don't see, where i was getting OT in my first answer, as my impression was that neither jenkinhill's and your answer fully answered his question.. (I hope this is allowed in a public *community forum)

But this seems not the right way for you... Let me try it again...

Hello MAD King,
VirtueMart 3.0.2 comes with the same cart module (VM - Shopping Cart in Module-Manager) as in VM 2.
Both are not showing a cart icon by default in FE.
The icon and the position is depending on the template and its CSS that you use. (Which template you use?)
Check the available positions in the VM - Shopping Cart module and publish it, if you haven't already did this.
For customizing (showing the icon) open another thread in "Templating & Layouts".

Is that better ?

MAD King

bluezeyes, let it go.
You are getting deeper and deeper into that and it is really solved.

Thank you though
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

bluezeyes

Quote from: MAD King on January 18, 2015, 16:56:45 PM
bluezeyes, let it go.
You are getting deeper and deeper into that and it is really solved.

Thank you though

Your're right, and it is OT :) which could be handled by PM not here.
We all here, try to help (hopefully) others and beeing a Mod like Hudson / jenkinhill and others are a hard job.

Have all a nice sunday!

Kind regards,

bluezeyes