News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

how to remove convertECB

Started by AnimalAid, January 08, 2015, 05:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalAid

Hi, We need to remove the convertECB function from our shop - we are Australian based and only want to work with Australian dollars, but the prices are automatically converted to Euros.
We're building a new website using Joomla 3.3.6 and Virtuemart 3.0.2.
I've looked at a number of posts, but haven't found what I need - I don't want to convert to anything, PayPal can organise that if necessary.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers

jenkinhill

Just make sure you set the Shop currency and List of accepted currencies to Australian dollars and no other currency.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/faqs/92-how-to-change-the-shop-default-currency.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gap

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 08, 2015, 10:35:12 AM
Just make sure you set the Shop currency and List of accepted currencies to Australian dollars and no other currency.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/faqs/92-how-to-change-the-shop-default-currency.html

Hello,

VirtueMart 3.0.18 on Joomla 3.6.4
I'd like to have 1 currency, EUR. Now VM finds out my language and automatically converts prices to HUF. (even if there is 1 language currently: German)
- Webshop currency is EUR.
- Accepted currency is only EUR.
- Currency converter module is disabled.
Despite of these the conversion occurs. If I go through a German proxy and in private mode than I get the EUR prices.

How to disable the currency converter function?

thanks
gap

Studio 42

Have you a plugin to autoset currencies ?
Is the currency set in the shop or cart only?
Perhpas Paypal is not set to use Australian dollars ?

gap

Problem solved by itself, the site worked properly today.
I cannot tell how. I can only imagine it was a caching problem. I emptied the normal joomla cache but it didn't help and I didn't think that VM holds the cache for many hours.