News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM3 Stockable variants for Size + Color?

Started by rayge, January 01, 2015, 14:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZSlashman

I have just come across this problem today and I wanted to post to say thanks to Break Designs for making this add on.

I am using Virtuemart 3.0.9 and Joomla 3.4.1 and It installed without issue.

I followed the documentation on the developers website and it works flawlessly to add different sizes to products.

Thanks again!

balai

luciosergio

Hi Balai. I am using your plugin and I have a doubt about it.

Joomla! 3.4.3
VirtueMart 3.0.9

If I create a product with 100 units in stock. I create four child products each with 25 units in stock. If I make test purchases, the stock of products children is subtracted without problem but  don´t  substract from parent product. Is this a mistake?

Another thing is that don`t display the name of the field in the product. The title display option is activated.

Can you help me?

deuce4884

@Milbo:
I have created a multi-variant parent product with 4 children. The only ramification is color (4 colors). I created a sublayout to render in overrides where the stock is actually shown as a number. I have it rendering in the products sublayout and in the productdetails default view. I have attached screenshots of the sublayout and of the parent product where it says "In Stock: 0" and 1 of the children where it says "In Stock: 20".

Quote from: Milbo on February 03, 2015, 09:06:56 AM
Yepp, and therefore the parent product, should have stocking 0 if not orderable . For the stock display the advantage in vm3 is that it even adds the stocking of the childs on the parent. So it IS a lot more exact now then before.

My parent product is a stock of 0, so my question is why is it not adding the quantity of the 4 children, which should be 89, as in stock? Is this possible? If so, what am I missing and what do I need to change?

antho

Quote from: balai on January 12, 2015, 11:56:24 AM
A screenshot can clarify the things

Hi,
I have a problem with this plugin,
The specifications of product is not updated after choosen a variations.
I have VM3

balai

You need to address it to the breakdesigns site

antho

Quote from: balai on November 10, 2015, 11:11:05 AM
You need to address it to the breakdesigns site

Yes but when I add other product to cart it not change a price

balai

This thread is for the "Stockable Custom Fields" plugin NOT for the multi variant

MAD King

Hello,

after hours of trying to figure out how to do stock inventory in VM 3, I was glad to find this module. VM makes it very difficult for such a simple thing. A tutorial is non-existent.

So I installed this module and followed the manual, but it is not working as supposed to do, I think.
When I try to create custom fields at the products it gives me the note Please modify that only from the parent product
At the parent product it gives me the parent category name in the Product Name and SKU field.

This is the same when I have a parent product only.

Otherwise, it would be a great module.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

balai

The plugin is assigned to the parent product, hence modifications for the variants can be done from the parent product only.
If you want some support on that, please use the support section at breakdesigns.net
https://breakdesigns.net/support

ereallstaff

Hello is there anyway to display in the sample of t-shirts with color, all single colors in category page and search results? Or I will need to display always the parent ? if a t.shirt have many colors, how to display all childrens? thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

balai

Quoteis there anyway to display in the sample of t-shirts with color, all single colors in category page and search results?

You need to assign category to your child products as well

ereallstaff

Using your plugin or native , the children are
Red size s
Red size m
Red size L
Yellow size M

And all this will be seen in category. I want to see in category only red and yellow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

kogos

I know this is an old topic, but i cannot find any answer on breakdesigns page.
I use the free stockable custom field vm plugin, to create color/size variations. Everything is working great except one thing. I cannot display the custom field in cart view. I enabled cart input and cart attribute in the plugin configuration page, but i cannot see it in cart view.
All other custom fields are working as intended. It's just this one that seems to ignore my setting to show in cart.

I am using latest virtuemart, latest joomla and latest stockable custom fields, so all versions are updated. I also tried with no overrides at all, using default virtuemart/joomla layout, with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edit: it seems i managed to show stockable fields in cart. I enabled cart attribute in "size" and "color" string fields, and now it's showing in cart. I'll put it to the test and get back if any problems appear. Thanks again

balai

Quote from: kogos on February 15, 2018, 06:53:08 AM
I know this is an old topic, but i cannot find any answer on breakdesigns page.
I use the free stockable custom field vm plugin, to create color/size variations. Everything is working great except one thing. I cannot display the custom field in cart view. I enabled cart input and cart attribute in the plugin configuration page, but i cannot see it in cart view.
All other custom fields are working as intended. It's just this one that seems to ignore my setting to show in cart.

I am using latest virtuemart, latest joomla and latest stockable custom fields, so all versions are updated. I also tried with no overrides at all, using default virtuemart/joomla layout, with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edit: it seems i managed to show stockable fields in cart. I enabled cart attribute in "size" and "color" string fields, and now it's showing in cart. I'll put it to the test and get back if any problems appear. Thanks again

You don't have to enable the sub-custom fields as cart attributes. Possibly the reason that the stockable is not added, is that it is loaded in a position outside the product form.