News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM3 Stockable variants for Size + Color?

Started by rayge, January 01, 2015, 14:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korpithas

Quote from: balai on February 27, 2015, 17:40:02 PM
Have you tried my plugin?

No.
But i just did and its working excellently.
Congrats.
I think its fine.
Is there a specific reason its in beta?

I also noticed that if you assign to a product a custom field from your plugin with empty data  and if you set the cart attribute and cart input to no.
Then even the built in virtuemart multi variants custom filters work as expected (without parent to be ordereable) only this time you get an error because of the empty fields in your plugin.

I hope i am clear enough, there is nothing wrong with the plugin. I just did some tests with multi variants.

Here is the errot I got.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '),pc.ordering' at line 5 SQL=SELECT *,pc.virtuemart_customfield_id AS id,pc.customfield_value AS value FROM x6s34_virtuemart_product_customfields AS pc LEFT JOIN x6s34_virtuemart_customs AS customs ON pc.virtuemart_custom_id=customs.virtuemart_custom_id WHERE pc.virtuemart_custom_id=21 ORDER BY FIELD(pc.virtuemart_product_id, ),pc.ordering - See more at: http://localhost/kemeta/index.php/el/women/dresses/%CF%83%CF%84%CF%85%CE%BB%CF%8C-big-1-detail.html#sthash.B92iUFyu.dpuf

Thanks for pointing me your plugin and thanks for creating it and sharing it.
Are there any known bugs? (because its still in beta)

Thanks again

lindapowers

So we have 2 developers here working in the same plugin with slight differences instead of making a unique plugin for the core while the ***obscenity removed*** system still redirects all the child products and variants to the detail view making this and all the plugins useless till someone with brain decides to solve the issue.

Fantastic.

balai

QuoteSo we have 2 developers here working in the same plugin with slight differences instead of making a unique plugin for the core
I don't think that the 2 plugins are doing the exactly the same. If you look closer you will realize that they have different features pros/cons.
Quotesystem still redirects all the child products and variants to the detail view
This actually requires changes to the scripts rather than the functionality of the variants

sonickev

As per the OP, I am also trying to create two different web sites each with the Size+Color type choice.

The virtuemart demo at http://demo.virtuemart.net/default-products/vm-t-shirt-multi-variant-detail does exactly this (Joomla 3 and VM 3.0.6.4)

My site is virtually the same and I have configured my multivariant exactly the same as the demo.

But...I can only choose the first option out of my 2 options

My option is for "size" and "strength" of a bottle of liquid. I can choose the size and the in-stock strengths become available in the second dropdown, but regardless of what I choose in the second dropdown, it reverts back to the first item in the list.

Here is an example on my site - second drop down can't be selected further into the list, always reverts to first option - http://elanvape.com/index.php/en/shop/liquids/vlad-detail

Joomla 3.0.4 and VM 3.0.6.4

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?
Thank you in advance.

Gretch

@sonickev
Do you have, or have had, any other custom fields in the product?  I found that if I added any other custom fields like a string for warranty, BEFORE I add added the multi-variant and at least ONE child, I could not change to a variant other than the parent - similar to your problem.  I had to delete the whole product and start over.

sonickev

Quote from: Gretch on March 09, 2015, 21:15:42 PM
@sonickev
Do you have, or have had, any other custom fields in the product?  I found that if I added any other custom fields like a string for warranty, BEFORE I add added the multi-variant and at least ONE child, I could not change to a variant other than the parent - similar to your problem.  I had to delete the whole product and start over.
No, I didn't do that. I just created another from scratch, using the VM 3.0.6.4 Multi-Variant. I added about 5 children, plugged in their values and went to the Front End and selected the product - exactly the same behavior.

I have a clothing store also, where I have created a T-Shirt product - Small, medium and Large, then Green, Red and Blue. I can choose the size (and the price updates) but I cannot choose the colour - always Green :)

Because the first drop down works correctly, but the second does not, I'm confused.

I added a third custom label - just a Y or N...the smae thing happens - neither of the latter two options are selectable - only the size. I added it to that same product above, so I have a thread and consistent example.

Gretch

Joomla 3.4, VM 3.0.6.2
I sympathize.  I spend at least 10 hours of net searching before I got it right.  I will try to summarize what I learned from all that searching.  You may be well beyond this detail, but maybe it will help some other struggling person.

Add a custom field that is type multi-variant.  I named mine the 2 variants I wanted like "size - color" because this title shows up above the input fields.  You will only have one multi-variant custom-field in a product.  It is kind of a "mega" field with the variant fields defined within it - called ramifications.

1. Add an new product and in Info tab put in product name, sku & price (take them out later if you don't want them but handy to test with)
2. Go to custom field tab.  Add the custom field that you created for multi-variant.
3. A big box will open up. At the first dropdown, where it says product name, drop down and choose custom label.  In the text area next to it, enter the label, e.g. size.  (I found somewhere that if you are using built in attributes such as weight, you pick that label from the dropdown box - I haven't tried it.)
4. Enter the choices for the variant, one per line in the larger textbox to the right of the label text box.  So if you are doing sizes, enter the S,M,L,XL one per line.
5. SAVE - This seems to be important at this step and sets things up to add the next variant.
6. A bit lower on the screen you should see "New Ramification."  Click the little green round button just left of the text  "New."  Don't try to enter anything into the dropdown or the text box for the custom label until you have clicked the green button and it comes back with empty text boxes for the custom label and the choices for the variant.
7. Now you should have a new dropdown with product name (select custom label,) a text box for the custom label and a large textbox for the variants, say the colors.  So you repeat steps 3-4 for the next variant.
8. SAVE

At this point you should have 2 variants, along with their choices, and a "New Ramification" box.  Under the New Ramification should be a Add a Child Product button.  If you had other variants, you could add them now by clicking the "New" button under the New Ramification.  You could also add them later.

9. Add the child products.  Click the Add a Child Product button as many times as you have child products.  Or just start with 2 to test.  You can add more later. The first time you click it, it will add a line for the parent and one child.  Then each additional time for another child.
10.  You should see a line for each child product that has a place for info like sku, price and also a drop down for each variant you added.  The drop down will have the choices you entered in step 4.
11. Fill in the SKU & price if you want and select the variant combinations for each child.
12. SAVE.  Note - when you go back to the product list, the child products will show "no price set."  This is a small bug, if you open the child you will see the price carried over from the entries you just did.

This worked for me. I erred on my first try and added the multi-variant custom field for each variant - that was wrong.  I needed to add a "new ramification" for the other variants after the first.  And I found I needed to add the multi-variant custom fields and at least one child before doing anything else like adding other custom fields like string fields.

Hope this helps, but if you are already creating your product like this, then sorry, I can't help.  Good Luck.

sonickev

Thanks Gretch,

yes I am already doing all of this, but I think it is noble and appreciated that you took the time to write down that list of steps...it will help many many people.

The virtuemart 3 demo website allows you to log into the backend and see how everything has been set up for the products in the frontend. It is a great resource at this point in time, but your step by step instructions definitely tell you how to get there.

Right now, I have exactly what the VM3 demo has, but mine doesn't work.
The biggest and most obvious difference is that the VM3 demo runs on Joomla 2.6 while my site runs on Joomla 3.

I can't see anything else that is different.

Gretch

@sonickev
This suddenly started happening to me too - that is, a new product would not show child data when different variants were selected.  I finally tracked it down to a quote mark in the variant data.  One of my variants is diameter and I was putting a quote (") to symbolize inches.  When I took that out, the data for the children (price, etc) changed correctly.  I don't know about other special symbols. Maybe this will help in your case.

uniqbuy

Quote from: sonickev on March 10, 2015, 05:00:12 AM
Thanks Gretch,

yes I am already doing all of this, but I think it is noble and appreciated that you took the time to write down that list of steps...it will help many many people.

The virtuemart 3 demo website allows you to log into the backend and see how everything has been set up for the products in the frontend. It is a great resource at this point in time, but your step by step instructions definitely tell you how to get there.

Right now, I have exactly what the VM3 demo has, but mine doesn't work.
The biggest and most obvious difference is that the VM3 demo runs on Joomla 2.6 while my site runs on Joomla 3.

I can't see anything else that is different.

You are using the VM Reviver Theme. So is elanvape and so am I. There are a few basic but serious issues with that template but I cannot get the developer to understand me so that he can fix them. The product orderable on VM3 is one of them. I got around the problem in VM2 by using stockable but that is not an option in VM3

On VM demo out of the box, if parent product orderable is set to no, there is a button showing "Choose a variant" which cannot be pressed. On the Reviver template, it has the Add to Cart button regardless of what parent orderable is set to. It is a template problem. I am hoping the developer might fix it but I am not particularly hopeful he will. Can't blame him really unless enough people that bought it complain.

GrahamDEK

Quote from: balai on February 27, 2015, 17:40:02 PM
QuoteAs far as i can tell if ''multi variants'' had an option ''Parent orderable  Yes or No''  like the ''Generic child variant '' has, case would be closed.
Have you tried my plugin?
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/stockable-custom-fields

This feature is there

Hi balai

I tried your plugin, set it up but from the frontend when I select the product I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vmJsApi::addJScript() in /home/definhost/public_html/sites/heavenly/plugins/vmcustom/stockablecustomfields/stockablecustomfields.php on line 854

Do you know how I can fix this?

Thank you

balai

GrahamDEK

Here is the info from my server and Joomla version, it does meet the requirements.
I want to purchase the "Custom Fields for All", but I need to have this working with it.

PHP Built On    Linux sh02-pta.za-dns.com 2.6.32-531.23.3.lve1.3.6.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 29 16:27:54 CEST 2014 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.40-MariaDB-cll-lve
Database Collation    latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version    5.3.29
Web Server    LiteSpeed
WebServer to PHP Interface    litespeed
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

lindapowers

Quote from: SolopoV on May 27, 2015, 12:07:33 PM
Довели бы лучше SPAMо нормального состояния реSPAMактирования заказов...
Вы преSPAMставьте магазин: 4 off-line склаSPAMа, оплата через Visa возможна только после того как заказ ставится на резерв SPAMистратором.
КогSPAMа вы захоSPAMите в заказ со стороны SPAMистратора, Вы не можете исправить ни размер ни цвет! Вот жопа! Клиент ошибся.... Что SPAMелать?
Убили проект слеSPAMуя желаниям PalPay.
Либо разработчики оSPAMумаются, либо проект останется только SPAMля виртуальных товаров.
ПеревоSPAMить на английский не буSPAMу. Пусть SPAMогаSPAMаются.
Работал с Virtuemart больше 10 лет, SPAMумаю перейти на SPAMругой SPAMвижок.
И не наSPAMо уSPAMалять мой пост!

GrahamDEK

I updated to the latest version of Virtuemart and the error is gone.  :)