News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User registration validation issue in Virtuemart need suggestion.

Started by sarathzac, December 27, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarathzac

Hi all,

Season Greetings to all !!!

I am using Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 3.0.2 versions. , this versions are updated from Joomla 1.6 and VM 1.1.9 respectively.

Now I can register in VM with a new email and username and it showing all related message also.

But I am registering with an existing username and email VM doesn't showing any error ( PHP Debugging message also) or notification like "Username/Email already
            exists"

Kindly let me know how I can debug the system or is it related to any plugin , in earlier version we used  VM-Login module or send me a suggestion about any plugin         
            for VM registration.

Regards
Sarath

GJC Web Design

just tested with J3.3/VM3.02 standard templates - if a duplicate tries to register I get

Error

Username in use

Are you sure errors are displayed in your Joomla/VM template etc?

BTW - this error comes from Joomla - not VM (lang string is anyway from Joomla)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sarathzac

Thanks for your message.

I am using Joomla 2.5.28 and  VM 3.0.2,

Joomla user registration process is working and it shows the error if we register with repeat email and username.

In VM registration  or checkout  process new registration is possible ,but repeat of username and email is not showing any error and not storing in DB also.

We are using Spanish language

Let me know is it because of any plugin problem or update problem (Joomla 1.6 to Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 1.1.9 to VM 3.0.2)

Kindly get me your contact address

Regards
Sarath

GJC Web Design

Tested further: if there option is set that the shopper MUST register then the checkout will fail on a duplicate user/email address and redirect to the address dialog on Confirm purchase
It doesn't stop the "pseudo" address from appearing to save exept that the "duplicate user" message shows - in other words it isn't clear to the user that the address was not saved

Worse if the registration is optional - in this case the "duplicate user" message shows but the checkout is possible - it confirms as an un-registered user purchase - so to the user it could appear that they had registered

Which option are you using? 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sarathzac

Thanks for helping me.

Here by attaching screenshots of my shopping cart checkout configuration and screen after registering the user with duplicate username.

I can checkout the cart with an option On checkout, ask for registration

Please help me to solve this problem

Regards
Sarath

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

The error is only shown if you used "register"

You used "guest checkout", then you can use any email! We could add a check, that if a guest uses an known email, a message appears like "Your email address is already registered, you may use your old account" or something like that.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mdousset

This same issue is also happening for me on the account maintenance / user registration page (actually worth because not only is there no error message about the username, it also blanks out all the other fields).   On that screen, it would seem important we properly notify the user that this username is already taken, else it leaves the user completely in the dark on how to proceed to create an account.  Thank you.

Milbo

is already fixed. GJC did not notice it, because the message was set, but only for administrators.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ccile

Quote from: Milbo on April 03, 2015, 11:51:00 AM
is already fixed. GJC did not notice it, because the message was set, but only for administrators.

Hi, i have same kind of issue : on this login.php page, it displays only virtuemart error message, but not Joomla message. That's why i don't see the problem with dupplicate email.
What was the final solution for this problem?
thanks

cromo

Quote from: Milbo on April 03, 2015, 11:51:00 AM

Hi.
I'm using VirtueMart 2.6.17 and Joomla! 2.5.28

I have exactly the same problem: When I try to register with a repeated user or email, VM displays the same form without any alert

PS exactly, which file I must check?