News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal Pending Virtuemart 3.0.2

Started by samlf3rd, December 22, 2014, 22:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

bunglehaze

I have been going through various settings and logs, it's very strange that there seems to be no error coming up and my other payment processor is returning their IPN perfectly fine. A few days ago I went through PCI compliance and had to switch off SSL3 along with securing up SSL ciphers and read this morning a post from a while back with PayPal stopping IPN from working as a result of Poodle (which wouldn't affect me) could this issue be related?

It's probably also worth mentioning that I am using VM 3.0.3 as the backend loading bug was causing me grief with 3.0.2

bunglehaze

I am checking the PayPal backend today as I got an email notifying me that IPN notifications are failing.

All the failures came after the 14th Jan but transactions from earlier in that day all returned fine with the SSL certificate in place.  The only thing I can think that was changed between close of business and the time the failed IPN transactions started coming through was the update to 3.0.3

Here is one on the 14th around lunchtime that sent

mc_gross=16.15&invoice=b4c101849&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=unconfirmed&payer_id=GKCGVKCZY473A&tax=0.00&address_street=xxxx&payment_date=04:30:16 Jan 14, 2015 PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=xxxx&first_name=xxxx&mc_fee=0.75&address_country_code=GB&address_name=xxxx&notify_version=3.8&custom=6b152d53b502118a476f9e64805c449e&payer_status=unverified&business=xxxx&address_country=United Kingdom&address_city=xxxx&quantity=1&verify_sign=A2wSJSAK8p0racRApb5QiZaGLzqVAm4R51Tb8fAO8iFIvYVV-NZe3cmZ&payer_email=xxxx&contact_phone=xxxx&txn_id=0N49794136988811K&payment_type=instant&last_name=xxxx&address_state=&receiver_email=xxxx&payment_fee=&receiver_id=XQKVPUNSZYFL4&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Order Number: b4c101849&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=&residence_country=GB&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=6b152d53b502118a476f9e64805c449e&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00&ipn_track_id=47aa79b6424cb

and another from around 9pm that failed

mc_gross=29.65&invoice=e32a01852&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&payer_id=6NQSYZT9DP4RU&tax=0.00&address_street=xxxx&payment_date=13:59:27 Jan 14, 2015 PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=xxxx&first_name=xxxx&mc_fee=1.21&address_country_code=GB&address_name=xxxx&notify_version=3.8&custom=7cc7f60216fef9b5811aa082e0aa1f23&payer_status=verified&business=xxxx&address_country=United Kingdom&address_city=xxxx&quantity=1&verify_sign=APPquTAFvQ0lM0wD5Fylgz2WIOtLARN6AhIfNaQUxehPrMmcCG9rLST5&payer_email=xxxx&contact_phone=xxxx&txn_id=6EU33315JJ444634U&payment_type=instant&last_name=xxxx&address_state=xxxx&receiver_email=xxxx&payment_fee=&receiver_id=XQKVPUNSZYFL4&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Order Number: e32a01852&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=&residence_country=GB&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=7cc7f60216fef9b5811aa082e0aa1f23&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00&ipn_track_id=29653d72c1b64

obviously the customer and site data has been removed with xxxx for security but the rest of the string is in place.

GJC Web Design

IMHO all the Paypal stuff incl. ipn etc is handled in the paypal plugin

just extract the paypal plugin from 3.0.2 AOI, zip it and install - see if it changes something
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

bunglehaze

No change using the plug in from 3.0.2,  however I have been into the paypalstd php file to check that notify url as the one posted earlier is different to the one PayPal are saying is failing.

$post_variables['return'] = JURI::root() . 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->order_number . '&pm=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id . '&Itemid=' . vRequest::getInt('Itemid') . '&lang=' . vRequest::getCmd('lang', '');
//Keep this line, needed when testing
//$post_variables['return'] = JRoute::_(JURI::root().'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=notify&tmpl=component'),
$post_variables['notify_url'] = JURI::root() . 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=notify&tmpl=component' . '&lang=' . vRequest::getCmd('lang', '');
$post_variables['cancel_return'] = JURI::root() . 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=pluginUserPaymentCancel&on=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->order_number . '&pm=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id . '&Itemid=' . vRequest::getInt('Itemid') . '&lang=' . vRequest::getCmd('lang',

The notify url the plugin is trying to use is

Quotehttps://www.plumeblu.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=notify&tmpl=component&lang

And not

Quotehttps://www.plumeblu.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=xxx&pm=y&Itemid=0&lang=

Is the url being sent by the plug in correct or has the notify url changed?  I can't see anywhere else this notify url is being set.

bunglehaze

Another bit of info relating to another payment plugin that I use which also is getting errors.  The paymentsense plugin does update on the site but I get errors each time letting me know to double check the payment.  Having looked into this it is also an error message about ServerResultURL which points again to the pluginresponse -  in this case the url is:
https://www.mysite.co.uk/component/virtuemart/pluginresponse/pluginnotification?tmpl=component

This error was occurring before the updates but since migrating to vm3. I find it hard to believe that the notify system is working right if both processors are having related issues.

Any ideas?