VM 3 navigation ALMOST works with SEF URLs

Started by pgailina, December 22, 2014, 22:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgailina

I am running VM 3.0.2 on Joomla 3.3.6, no 3rd-party SEF component.

Joomla SEF Settings:
Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
Use URL rewriting: Yes
Adds Suffix to URL: Yes
Unicode Aliases: No

Virtuemart SEF Settings:
SEO Disabled: unchecked
Seo Suffix: -detail
Translate strings: unchecked
Use Product and Category IDs: unchecked

URLS look quite nice. A typical category URL looks like domain.com/toys.html. Product URLs looks like domain.com/toys/truck-detail.html.

I have a category which contains 48 products. When I display the products in a category view for the first time, the navigator shows Page 1 of 4 (12 products per page) with products 1-12 of 48. I can click on the '2' or 'Next' and get page 2 of 4 with products 13-24 of 48, then click the '3' or 'Next' to see products 25-36 of 48. I can click 'Next' or 'END' to see products 37-48. I can go back to '2' to see products 13-24.

Here's the problem...
If I select 'Start' or '1', it just refreshes the same screen. If I am on page 2, selecting '1' or 'Start' will refresh page 2 of 4. If I am on page 3, selecting '1' or 'Start' will refresh page 3 of 4. So I can not display products 1-12 of the category after I have used the navigation feature.

If I completely turn off SEF, the navigation works correctly but the URLs look like crap.

Any ideas on how to debug and correct this problem?

pgailina

Anyone got any ideas?

I have read over and over again about how VM does not NEED sh404SEF or any other 3rd party SEF since it works so well out of the box.

How do I get navigation to work with the built-in SEF?

jjk

That's a pagination bug in Joomla 3.3.6. When I tested the pagination with Joomla 3.4.alpha recently, the pagination worked correctly again. 
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations