News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Selecting different category within product in multi language is not working

Started by ptrouw, December 22, 2014, 16:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

I have a category name translated into 4 languages. If I change within product to another languages, I can change the name of course, but the pick list of available Product Categories is only in default languages. This is incorrect.
J3.3 and VM 3.0.2

jjk

The category names you can select for the product categories dropdown list are always shown in the selected joomla site (frontend) language. If you translate a product into one of your four additional languages, it is saved in the correct language database tables and of course it will show up in your translated categories. Saves you a few mouse clicks, because you have to select the category name only once (in the default site language).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ptrouw

thx for the quick reply, your right 3 of 4 languages work faultless, only the English isn't. Still have to find out why.

bluezeyes

-You you checked that this category are translated?
- Maybe the are no products published for this language and you disable to show empty categories?