News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Image Color Change

Started by MAD King, December 21, 2014, 02:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Hello,

I am browsing for hours this forum and google in hope to find a solution, but was not able to.
I have different colors for a product. All the images are available with each different color.
How can I make it to have all the colors listed for this product and if I click on a color so the image changes into this color?
Does anyone know and has a tutorial about it?

Thank you very much.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

bluezeyes

Add a child product to the main product add a custom field type child variant or generic child variant to the parents..  Attribute should be cart attribute  and if you have different prices enable atribute  prices on the properties of the custom field too.. 

That's in general more on docs.vituemart.net, point child products..  If you need to show colors instead of pure  text in the list Use a extension or create your own solution..

MAD King

Great. Thank you.
Can you recommend an extension for the color?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

bluezeyes

Not really..  Sorry but the should be some on extensions.Virtuemart.net products creation...

One possible way maybe to store the rgb values and use it for a custom js which manipulate the list entries in frontend..  Which you still have todo for a option style way instead of a pure select list (is list. In custom field)... 

Then use it for a square background color or as part of a CSS selector for a stacked image.. 

Different ways to solve..  just for fun I'm working on the background color..  I'm not far at moment lol...

MAD King

Thank you very much. I solved it with your help.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922