News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM3 Recommend a Friend styling issue

Started by malik0206, December 19, 2014, 22:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malik0206

Hi Guys

Please advise, on my website i have the recommend a friend icon which i like to replace with text 'Recommend This' and the text is a hyper link to lightbox

How can i remove the email icon and replace with text i have looked everywhere in the view folders but can't find where this icon is coming from so i can put text instead

Please point me to the file

Thanks

jenkinhill

The file to override is components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

malik0206

Hi

Thanks for the reply i have seen the code and it made no sense

This is the code your referring to

<?php
    // PDF - Print - Email Icon
    if (VmConfig::get('show_emailfriend')) {
   ?>
        <div class="icons">
       <?php

$link = 'index.php?tmpl=component&option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id;

$MailLink = 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=recommend&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component';
       echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'Recommend to a friend', 'emailButton', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');
       ?>

Where is the link to email icon image so i can replace this with a text field

Thanks

jenkinhill

Not best programming, but this works:

Original line of interest for components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php in VM3.0.2 is:

echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL', 'emailButton', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');

echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL', ' ', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');

Make a langage override for COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL eg to "Recommend This"

And use the edited file as a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

malik0206

Tried the code and it doesn't remove the email icon also no link text is shown

<?php

$link = 'index.php?tmpl=component&option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id;

$MailLink = 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=recommend&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component';

//  echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'Recommend to a friend', 'emailButton', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');

echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL', 'emailButton', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');

echo $this->linkIcon($MailLink, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL', ' ', 'show_emailfriend', false,true,false,'class="recommened-to-friend"');

?>