News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product images

Started by kinseymark, December 17, 2014, 23:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinseymark

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone can help with regards product images, I set this website up a while however my client has been extremely slow in getting back to me with regards updates.

I've noticed that when i have more than image for a product my images show under one another could someone please help me as to why this happens I'm currently operating Joomla 2.5.27 and virtuemart 2.6.2

I've recently tried updating the site to Joomla 3 and the latest version of Virtuemart but having a host of problems.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

That is a problem with your template overrides, presumably part of a commercial template. Use Firebug to look at the code as maybe css changes can fix this, or ask your template provider.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

For security reasons you should be using VM2.6.10 at the very least:  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/462-security-release-of-vm2-6-10-and-vm2-9-9b
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kinseymark

Thanks for the response this problem is really strange as before I updated Virtuemart I didn't have this issue, is there a way to show one image on the product category page then a different image on the actual product page?

jenkinhill

You can't use different images in default VirtueMart, but it should be possible with some additional programming and overrides. Not necessarily easy, so would depend on your programming skills or the size of your development budget.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kinseymark

My php programming knowledge is next to none I'm afraid, I'm editing this site for someone as their original website designer has gone off the radar. Whats weird is that when I originally worked on the website there was slideshow navigation under the product shot as per the demo site http://demo.omegatheme.com/index.php?t=joomla&i=ot_winterfashion however this navigation has been removed since I done some joomla and virtuemart updates.

jenkinhill

There are quite a few third party product "slider" modules for VirtueMart. Maybe you have changed its menu association or something.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

kinseymark

I've managed to sort out my problems by re-loading a backup I done ages ago cant see what I've changed however it now works, one other issue I'm now getting though is that the product categories is now showing beneath the product, again can't figure out why this is happening, is this simple simple code I need to reove from the component or is it an option with virtuemart?

I've attached a poor screen grab for reference.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

You will have to edit the template override for productdetails.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK