News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Taxes and Calculation Rules, Tax on Bill/Price Modifier bug?

Started by sjshaffer, December 17, 2014, 00:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjshaffer

We've recently upgraded our site to VM 3.0.2 (Joomla 2.5.28).  We have found two problems:
Sales tax set to tax per bill does not add tax .  The tax is qualified by country (United States) and State (California).  The label appears in the cart but does have a tax value displayed and does not alter the total amount due.  If the math operation is set to fixed amount instead of a percentage it works.  Selecting tax per item does work with percentages.

Second issue is with "Price Modifier before Tax per Bill".  This does not work if the rule is qualified with a product category.  Price Modifier before Tax per item does with with a product category qualifier but does not allow mixing and matching of products within a category for the discount.

I'm not sure if Quantity is at fault as this appears on tax per bill as well.

Milbo

and it worked that way in vm2.6 ?I wonder because the calculator is almost the same.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: sjshaffer on December 17, 2014, 00:58:45 AM
Second issue is with "Price Modifier before Tax per Bill".  This does not work if the rule is qualified with a product category.  Price Modifier before Tax per item does with with a product category qualifier but does not allow mixing and matching of products within a category for the discount.

I am quite sure I dropped that idea. Because it works good per product and per bill is so usually not necessary.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Please test this, go in calculationh.php in the folder helpers of the BE,

There search around line 773 for
if(!empty($rule['subTotal'])) {
}

add to the closing bracket }   (should be around line 779)
this
else {
   $rule['subTotal'] = $toTax;
}

sjshaffer

Milbo,
Thank you for the hard work but the fix doesn't quite work. 
The shopping cart module shows the correct total but the checkout page has the label for the discount but not the amount and the total is without the discount.

You are quite correct, the per item tax works for sales tax, it is not what most American's expect but it is acceptable.  If the per bill tax total is no longer supported it should be removed from the choices