News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

AIO Component not found (Virtuemart 3.0.2)

Started by tim92109, December 16, 2014, 17:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim92109

I was installing updates and I updated the Virtuemart AIO component via Joomla extension manager.  I checked to see if it went okay and when I go to the AOI it says 'An error has occured.  404 Component not found'.  I installed the update to VM 3.0.2 with no issues.  I checked again and it still says 'Component not found' when I go to 'Components > virtuemart-aio'.  So I uninstalled it and re-installed it.  I get the same error.  Is this a bug or is it due to the way I updated?  And is there an easy fix or am I destined to have 'Component not found' displayed forever when I go to the aio component?

I decided I'm going to need that component so I tried to uninstall EVERYTHING.  All VM stuff is gone except it won't uninstall AIO now.  It says 'Install the virtuemart Core first'.  What????   I'm so close to writing a horrible review/rating on this component in the JED.  Can't even get it installed correctly.

UPDATE: I tried the same thing, but in the correct order on my test website and the same thing.  That makes me think there is a bug in the update!!! I've seen bugs in the extension after an update, but not a bug in the actual update... WTH???

ANOTHER UPDATE: I did a restore on the website to yesterday.  Now it's back to version 3.0.0.  But apparently that error has been happening but I didn't notice because I never tried o access the aio.  So, it's not from the update, but part of the original 3.0 install.

I'm now able to uninstall the AIO... so I'm uninstalling all VM stuff and going to do a new install of 3.0.2 (VM & AIO)...

Great... SAME ISSUE!

jenkinhill

Did you try that search button up there on the right? It could have save you a lot of time.

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=126403.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum