News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopper Groups Not Available

Started by gkdenterprises, December 16, 2014, 04:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkdenterprises

Hello,

I am running VirtueMart v2.6.14.  I have read the documentation, but I still have some questions as I am still learning the program.

The ShopperGroup option does not show up anywhere in my Joomla menu.  I have verified that all extensions and plugins are published.  I need to delete the other shopper groups and change the default one.  Where I live i have to charge 6.35% sales tax, and the tax is set at 20%, which is incorrect.  Can someone please tell me how I can enable ShopperGroups on my menus?  I also need to make a shopper group that does NOT charge sales tax when they enter their address as being out of my state.  How does that get setup?

I resell cloud backup software with a executable for customers to install.  I found some virtual/digital shipping plugins, I have yet to download them, but I will.  My question is, how do I setup pricing on a subscription basis?  I resell my cloud backup for $12.99 a month or $155.88 a year.  How can I create a subscription amount?  I also need the tax on that to be at 6.35% unless the user is out of state.

This is all for now, anyone with some insight is much appreciated.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Shopper groups are under Orders & Shoppers. See pic.

Subscription is handled by a payment processor who allows it and initiated by an appropriate payment plugin. I have never needed to do this, but it has cropped up a few times in the forum - try a search.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gkdenterprises

Its not there, I don't have that option.  I sent in my screenshot.

How to I get the option?

jenkinhill

Your shot is of the BE dropdown menu module, not the VM component BE. If you select one of those module menu items the VM BE opens with the admin menu on the left.

People rarely need (if ever) to change shopper groups so it is not included in the module menu.

If you still dont get it go to http://demo.virtuemart.net/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders  and log in with demo/demo
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gkdenterprises

I am sorry but you have still lost me.  There is no admin menu or back end.  That menu I sent, I click on every option and every sub option and there is no shopper group.  Also, I find it very strange you say  no one needs to edit the shopper group, I don't know where you are located, but I have never seen an income tax as high as 20%, and thats what i need to change.  I don't understand why a program would be designed that makes it so hard to do that?

Is there another place to edit the tax?  thats all i care about.  making sure people who register with my state pay sales tax.

gkdenterprises

I logged into the Demo site, and when I clicked on the Menu that is there or the components menu, I see the admin menu on the left side.  Mine does not show on the left.  What would be causing that?

jenkinhill

You either have a bad/corrupt installation or some plugin stopping the menu working. I would suggest reinstalling both VM components using Joomla's extensions installer. Any products etc previously entered will be retained.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

gkdenterprises

I installed v3.0.2 and I can now see it.  For some reason, I was told that version wasn't compatible with my version of Joomla, which is 2.5.28.  I still can't see where to edit the tax, but I will play around. 

I'll post back with any more troubles, thanks for your help.