News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

jQuery/Javascript issue(?) - module works OK on LocalHost but not on web server

Started by AndyL, December 15, 2014, 14:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

Hello,

I'm building a new ecommerce website (www.craftyfoxx.com) which uses VirtueMart and the 'SJ Papa' template from SmartAddons.  I installed everything in the 'Quickstart' installation package on my laptop and it works as expected (as per the vendor's demo site).  Next I tried to upload just the template + supplied extensions and created my own products in Virtuemart (already present) onto my server.  The problem is that the Virtuemart cart and Minicart ('SJ Minicart Pro' module) do not now show up correctly/display in full when I'm adding an item to the cart (from 'The Collection' menu) - I think a jQuery/Javascript (conflict) may be to blame ....?

N.B. I have read a lot on this topic (about disabling various jQuery libraries) but these actions don't seem to make a difference (I've currently switched off the 'VirtueMart jQuery' under 'Configuration' > 'Templates' and played with a few of the other Javascript options) or have an unwelcome side effect elsewhere - e.g. hiding my logo!

Please could someone take a look at my site and advise how best to troubleshoot this please.  Go easy on me (please), I'm new to this but welcome your guidance.  Thank you.

I'm running the following versions:
PHP: 5.4.34
Joomla!: 2.5.27
VirtueMart: 2.6.12.2

Many thanks,
Andy

jenkinhill

That's a lot of template code for not much action & display. You turned off VM jQuery and are relying on the template jQuery to provide the required library. But it loads after the essential VM scripts, so you have jQuery is not defined errors.  You should turn off the template jQ instead, or use jQueryEasy to manage the scripts.

Debugging:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0

VM3 has fewer problems with jQuery conflicts so that may be worth checking out. However, the overrides on that template may not work with VM3.  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/465-virtuemart-3-is-here

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AndyL

Many thanks for the advice jenkinhill

I've installed jQuery Easy and this does exactly what it said it would do, working much better now  :D

I do have one or two specific jQuery oddities as a consequence so I guess I'll research these first and then raise specific questions in the appropriate forum if I cannot solve myself....

Thanks again
AndyL