News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multilingual VirtueMart Shopping Cart strange behavior!

Started by natax, December 11, 2014, 15:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natax

Joomla! 2.5.28
VirtueMart 2.6.6

My multilingual (English-Greek) e shop is working fine but at the Greek version the module VMcart is always in English, until I add a product, then changes to Greek.
All the other information is correct. If I go from my cart back to shopping it is again in English.
Please any advice will be great.

Thanks in advance

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

Might be a missing menu item. The Joomla language switcher only works correctly, if you publish both, a greek and a english copy of the VirtueMart Shopping Cart module and also have one greek and one english menu item pointing to the corresponding cart module.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

natax

menu and modules are ok.
the VM cart module is working if you add a product but after a while it turns back to English. if you go to Greek cart everything is in Greek.
but when you go to shopping again the cart is in English.

jjk

I can see the problem on your site, but I'm not shure what the cause of the issue is. Are you shure you have assigned the greek language tag "el-GR" to your greek copy of the cart module and it is not set to language "All"?

Perhaps you have your Joomla language filter plugin set to determine the language by browser language. In this case you may try to use 'Language Selection for new Visitors' =  Site language and set 'Automatic Language Change' = No

Also, open the Joomla Language Manager Content tab and make sure the Languages you want to use in contents are published and have a Language Code for the URL as well as prefix for the image used in the module display.

natax

Dear jjk thank you for your answers.

The problem is solved.
There is no need to have 2 modules. You can have one  VM cart module set to language "ALL".
After many ours of searching and trying I found that when I use an override for the Greek language (el-GR.override.ini)
CART_VIRTUEMART_NOW_IN_YOUR_CART="Καλάθι"
it is working. the file el-GR.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini had the above line but was not working.

jjk

Quote from: natax on December 12, 2014, 17:38:07 PM
Dear jjk thank you for your answers.

The problem is solved.
There is no need to have 2 modules. You can have one  VM cart module set to language "ALL".
After many ours of searching and trying I found that when I use an override for the Greek language (el-GR.override.ini)
CART_VIRTUEMART_NOW_IN_YOUR_CART="Καλάθι"

I think this might solve the symptom of the problem in this case because the language override is loaded after the module, but it does not solve the cause of your problem. The Joomla language switcher will look for a module with english or greek language tags and if it doesn't find one of them, it selects whatever is available. So the best solution for this would be two cart modules, one with english and one with greek language tag.