need step by step procedure to move virtuemart products to another site

Started by Anirudh, December 10, 2014, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anirudh

Unfortunately when I was trying to upgrade Joomla 2.5(Virtuemart 3) to Joomla 3.3(virtuemart 3) I came across series of error and ultimately because of incompatible template I cant upgrade to Joomla 3.3 so I made a discussion to move all my Virtuemart products(100) to new website.

I would like to know the step by step procedure to move products from one site to another.

Cheers,
Anirudh.

GJC Web Design

in theory it is transfer the DB tables and the images - but why not clone the current site and rebuild as you want?
What do u mean by procedure to move products from one site to another?

Is it a vm site? what version etc etc - your question is unclear
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

bunglehaze

I did this recently with two subdirectories. The first had a copy of the working VM2 and J2x site and the second had a fresh VM3 and J3x install (obviously you will need databases for each too or different prefixes).

On the copied site I disabled all my J2x plugins that are incompatible with J3x and did a vm3 update followed by a J3 update. I then copied over the virtuemart database tables and then the images.

It has not been without issues though and I am still working on fixing some that were not present before I copied it all over but are now.

Anirudh

This is what I am doing Exported all the virtuemart tables(v3.0.2 * j2.5) to V3.0.2*J3 but I am getting issue with Permission Settings...

e.g., If change Access Administration Interface to "Allowed" for superuser them Public is now "allowed" to Access Administration Interface...

Forget that...

All I want to move are two things 1)Products and 2)Products Categories and there are 4 table for Products Categories so I transferred all the data but still...... forget it....

sorry for the trouble... I guess I gave up.

If anyone know how to copy just virtuemart data from v3.0.2 Joomla 2.5 to v3.0.2 Joomla 3.3 will be appreciated.

bunglehaze

You shouldn't need to copy it from J2.5 to J3.x. make a copy somewhere and do a Joomla update which will do all the db changes