News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Baseprice not shown on checkout

Started by Broadside, December 05, 2014, 16:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadside

I am having an issue with the baseprice of articles not showing on checkout. I've selected all the applicable options in the Virtuemart prices menu. Taxes, discounts, final price and totals are correctly shown but base price isn't shown.

Any idea how I could fix this?

VM version: 2.6.12.2
Joomla version: 2.5.27
Live site link: www.goodfoodandmore.nl

jenkinhill

Most likely a template problem. Switch the template to Beez and see if the prices display there. If they show there then the problem lies within your template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Broadside

I tried switching to Beez but the issue persists even in this default template.

jenkinhill

Just realised that you are not yet using VM3. Do you mean the base price before tax is not showing? On 2.6.x that one is unfortunately only visible on the FE to a logged in admin, and hidden from "normal" shoppers. The base price with tax should be displayed, though.

The base price does display in VM3.0.2 which I am currently using.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rickkh

VM3.0.2 on J3.3.6 (Updated from 2.9.5 to 3.0.0 then 3.0.2 after seeing it is working for you!):

Base price is not showing even without template override!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

See pic for base price showing.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

rickkh

This is the base price in the products page/details... I was looking for the unit price in the cart...

rickkh

By looking at default_pricelist.php, I came to understand the rules of displaying the unit price, most notably this part:

<td align="center">
                <?php

if (VmConfig::get ('checkout_show_origprice'1) && $prow->prices['discountedPriceWithoutTax'] != $prow->prices['priceWithoutTax']) {
                        echo 
'<span class="line-through">' $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv ('basePriceVariant'''$prow->pricesTRUEFALSE) . '</span><br />';
                }   

if (
$prow->prices['discountedPriceWithoutTax']) {
                        echo 
$this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv ('discountedPriceWithoutTax'''$prow->pricesFALSEFALSE);
                } else {
                        echo 
$this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv ('basePriceVariant'''$prow->pricesFALSEFALSE);
                }   

?>

</td>

SOLUTION: "Discounted Price without tax" or one of the alternatives in the condition above must be selected on the shopper group level and not in the configuration prices.