"send a recommendation" or "ask a question" email for a specific category ?

Started by natax, December 03, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natax

Joomla! 2.5.27
VirtueMart 2.6.6

Is there a way to have a button on category page with a link of the category? so when you press it to send an email with a question with the title of the category?
I have some categories without products that I want to be like a catalog information, I don't want to have add to cart or price, I just want the description and a button "ask a question"

thanks in advance

jenkinhill

I would create a template override for each of those categories with a link to a standard Joomla contact form or another form component. The only alternative would be heavy editing/hacking of VM.

Note you should be using at least VM2.6.10 - http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/462-security-release-of-vm2-6-10-and-vm2-9-9b
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

natax

Dear jenkinhill thank you very much for your prompt reply.
My solution is to convert my sub-categories into products and apply to them a different template.It is working that way, but my sidebar VM category module now is without the sub-categories (they are products now!)
and I have 3 categories with 1 product inside that is the description of the category... so the user has to click twice to see the info.
do you think this is better solution?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum