News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order status change wrong email language

Started by gcarne, November 29, 2014, 13:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcarne

I have dual language site GB and DE in Joomla 2.5.19 and VM 2.6.10:

Step 1. A customer is using frontend in German. He orders, pays and receives and order email conf in German. All well so far.

Step 2. The administrator is backend using English login and changes the order status. The customer gets a confirmation in English. It should have been in customer language German. If the administrator logs on in German and does the status change, the customer gets a confirmation in German.

According to a previous thread jjk says this has been fixed as of VM 2.1. (my site it 2.6) and that the customer always gets the confirmations in his language. This must be a setting somewhere. Where can I find it and how can I do it?

Thanks.

jjk

I don't have the combination of Joomla 2.5.19/VirtueMart 2.6.10 installed. Just tested a german language order with sending a confirmation email from the english language backend with Joomla 2.5.27/VirtueMart 2.6.14 test version (2.6.14 is not released yet). The email did arrive in German.

Since you should update your old Joomla for security reasons anyway, you could perhaps create a copy of your site and update it to Joomla 2.5.27 and the latest VM 2.6.12.2 or 2.6.14 when the latter will be released, in order to find out if it fixes your issue.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations